Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last week I was visiting from Colorado and got a few dives in. Thanks to Jenny, I saw my first seahorse and nudi at the bridge. Thanks! Here are a few pictures I'd like to share. Can anyone id the octopus for me? It was a lot different than any of the others I saw there.

View attachment 180957

Atlantic Longarm Octopus, Octopus defilippi
BHB Sep13 - WetLens for a sequence of photos with one I found right off the beach.

You got some nice shots and a great set of critters. Nicely done!

Last week I was visiting from Colorado and got a few dives in. Thanks to Jenny, I saw my first seahorse and nudi at the bridge. Thanks! Here are a few pictures I'd like to share. Can anyone id the octopus for me? It was a lot different than any of the others I saw there.

View attachment 180949 View attachment 180950 View attachment 180951 View attachment 180952 View attachment 180953 View attachment 180954

View attachment 180955 View attachment 180956 View attachment 180957 View attachment 180958 View attachment 180959 View attachment 180960

Looks like you had a great trip!

Thanks think we will go tomorrow.
might see you up there...

View attachment 180949 View attachment 180950 View attachment 180951 View attachment 180952 View attachment 180953 View attachment 180954

View attachment 180955 View attachment 180956 View attachment 180957 View attachment 180958 View attachment 180959 View attachment 180960
wow! Fantastic photos! Beautiful. looks like the lancer dragonet is preggo..

---------- Post added April 1st, 2014 at 10:59 PM ----------

getting a "new to us" diopter tomorrow....might have to sneak out to BHB soon!

---------- Post added April 1st, 2014 at 09:40 PM ----------

Those are some BIG bumblebee shrimp! Nice photos!!
fun, new toys!

Yes, those were big bumbleee shrimp. Huge in relative terms!

We went what has now become yesterday, saw a lot of stuff except the octos we expected to see in abundance! I had 73-75 water temp on my Suunto--the Diva had 71 on her "just back and 2nd time replacement under warranty" Oceanic'yech! Viz 15 or so out west.

Awesome day at the bridge. You know you're gonna have a good dive when the first critter you see is a guitarfish!!! It only got better from there.. 40ft of blue water, mild to zero current, and my computer read 75-77°!!!! WooT!!!!!!!! yeah warm water is slowly arriving!!

Awesome day at the bridge. You know you're gonna have a good dive when the first critter you see is a guitarfish!!! It only got better from there.. 40ft of blue water, mild to zero current, and my computer read 75-77°!!!! WooT!!!!!!!! yeah warm water is slowly arriving!!
Driving up tommorrow,hope for the same

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom