Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, been seeing a pair every time we go a certain way.
Need to post some pics from our last couple bridge adventures, but have been too busy.
John

What time does the park close? Can a 6:35Pm high tide on Sunday get me out of the water in time?

The park is open until 10pm. The beach is open sunrise to sunset. Sunset tomorrow is 19:40 - so you should be fine. Just keep an eye on your time.

What time does the park close? Can a 6:35Pm high tide on Sunday get me out of the water in time?

If you google Phil Foster Park, it sez what other people here indicate. Beach open sunrise to sunset, fishing from the fishing pier open sunrise to 10pm, boat ramp and trailer parking open 24-7. The last (permitted) night dive I attended, I left just at 10pm; (which is when those with permits are supposed to be out of the park) and there were still lots of folks around--some divers, but mostly fishers.

We have done what you propose now and then and had no problems getting out if it is still light following the offical sunset.........I am guessing if you leave the park before dark you'll be OK. Darkness today, Sunday; will be about 8PM. YMMV

Conch Tales

IMG_3817.jpgSorta scary incident at the bridge yesterday.......An animal Charged at me, didn't know whether to fight or flee. Ya see, this very fast Conch was makin' tracks toward me. I took it's picture hoping that the flash would deter the oncoming critter. It didn't! Might require counseling as last night I dreamt of being trampled by a shell!! And then, after awakening; I realized that in a conch's world--I can FLY!:cool2:

I will be on the lookout for this one Tuesday night!

View attachment 164775Sorta scary incident at the bridge yesterday.......An animal Charged at me, didn't know whether to fight or flee. Ya see, this very fast Conch was makin' tracks toward me. I took it's picture hoping that the flash would deter the oncoming critter. It didn't! Might require counseling as lakst night I dreamt of being trampled by a shell!! And then, after awakening; I realized that in a conch's world--I can FLY!:cool2:

I will be on the lookout for this one Tuesday night!

Sounds kinda wussy to me. Now a BOBBIT WORM charge on the other hand ...

What is that thing? A conch you say? Seriously?

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Sounds kinda wussy to me. Now a BOBBIT WORM charge on the other hand ...

Don't let Joanie pick on you, Jimw.....You were lucky to stay out in front of the wee beastie....kind of like "running of the bulls"...and if one of those conchs gets up some speed before they trample you, they can leave a mark!

It was just your good luck to get charged by a crosseyed one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom