Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
yah its a purple mouth. easiest way to tell in that shot is the dark line on the top of the dorsal fin

Yep, I just liked "green as the water", should have checked my book before I answered--the dark margin is one of the identifiers in Reef Fish along with "brilliant yellow gold eyes"

---------- Post added July 16th, 2013 at 01:12 PM ----------

I have seen purplemouth morays there, as well as green morays. Maybe it is a hybrid green purplemouth? :no:

Looking at diving thurs afternoon with a coworker and then again maybe sat or sun morning.

We will be there Thursday as well--might actually meet this time!!:cool2:

After making a reckless promise to edit something before acquiring yet more video, here is a small sample of my floating friends that I alluded to earlier...:D
http://vimeo.com/70420219

that is a very cool find, the patterns are great. surprised they picked such a small piece of sargassum

Doubt they had much choice, their mighty bed of sargassum where they started life in the Gulf Stream was probably down to that tiny piece by the time wind and weather had driven it ashore and thru the inlet of palm beach.
That is why so many exotics set up shop on the pinch points of the bridge from all that tidal flow.
Discounting indo species Kevin sneaks in periodically.....
Keep up the good work on the ID's!
John

After making a reckless promise to edit something before acquiring yet more video, here is a small sample of my floating friends that I alluded to earlier...:D
http://vimeo.com/70420219

Holy smokes! That's one of the coolest things I've ever seen. Wouldn't be surprised to learn that they were some more exotic species of filefish, though. I've seen a lot of juvie scrawleds there, and they don't look anywhere near that cool. . .

I can certainly understand why you might have been motivated to get that edited. . .

If anyone has a vis report from this afternoon, please do share when you get back!

Some bland stuff from early in the dive. Seeing some stuff in the snorkel trail area that I wasn't used to seeing before it was there.

Attachments

• IMG_9286wa.jpg
    IMG_9286wa.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_9288wb puffs.jpg
    IMG_9288wb puffs.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_9304wa.jpg
    IMG_9304wa.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_9312wb.jpg
    IMG_9312wb.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_9321wa with little brother.jpg
    IMG_9321wa with little brother.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_9329wb.jpg
    IMG_9329wb.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_9338wb.jpg
    IMG_9338wb.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_9349wb hider.jpg
    IMG_9349wb hider.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_9354wb.jpg
    IMG_9354wb.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_9360wb.jpg
    IMG_9360wb.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_9361wb.jpg
    IMG_9361wb.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_9386wb.jpg
    IMG_9386wb.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_9389wb crab.jpg
    IMG_9389wb crab.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_9390wb.jpg
    IMG_9390wb.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_9395wa.jpg
    IMG_9395wa.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 91
Number 12 with the yellow garden eel is nice.....

Heard they are normally a deep water species, would be a lot harder creeping up on one in 90 feet over 20 minutes.

Found a veritable field of em west of you know where

Some bland stuff from early in the dive. Seeing some stuff in the snorkel trail area that I wasn't used to seeing before it was there.

Love the eyes on number 15. How is the snorkel trail to dive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom