Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need a viz and temperature report for BHB--thinking of going tomorrow!!

Vis started out horrible, very tannic water and maybe 1-2 ft. But as the tide changed it flushed out the brown water and vis was closer to 20 ft. It seems the thermocline/haloclines are also pretty much gone. I had a temp of 79 on my Suunto. The current was really strong but it was a fantastic dive!

DSC01381 copy.jpg DSC01394 copy.jpg DSC01406 copy.jpg

Yeah, seems like it has been a struggle to get back to decent conditions both at the bridge and on the reef.
Will try the bridge again this week and take a chance on a charter possibly thursday. Talked with a diver
returning from a charter trip today and she reported improving viz but an ongoing brisk current which may
actually help things.

Thanks jet!

We got in about an hour before hi tide today and it was about 20 ft of viz by then--much better than I expected. I too had a temp of mostly 79 on my Suunto--jumped to the magic 80 a time or two! Then when the tide turned, we had a brown/green layer on the top 2-3 ft and lousy viz in that layer; but not soooo bad under it, maybe 10 ft. We had a nice 2 hour dive all in all--very doable conditions. I think we may go again Thursday and maybe get in a little earlier.

Thanks jet!

We got in about an hour before hi tide today and it was about 20 ft of viz by then--much better than I expected. I too had a temp of mostly 79 on my Suunto--jumped to the magic 80 a time or two! Then when the tide turned, we had a brown/green layer on the top 2-3 ft and lousy viz in that layer; but not soooo bad under it, maybe 10 ft. We had a nice 2 hour dive all in all--very doable conditions. I think we may go again Thursday and maybe get in a little earlier.

Don't get in toooo early. I got in at 8:00 yesterday (high tide 10:40ish) I was trying one of Jim's steel 100's so was in & out, messing with weights, etc. Vis was horrible until after 10. We finally got out at noon and I'd say the last 90 min were the best.

FYI. Steel 100 = too big & heavy for me. No extra weight and still not so buoyancy babe.

Don't get in toooo early. I got in at 8:00 yesterday (high tide 10:40ish) I was trying one of Jim's steel 100's so was in & out, messing with weights, etc. Vis was horrible until after 10. We finally got out at noon and I'd say the last 90 min were the best.

FYI. Steel 100 = too big & heavy for me. No extra weight and still not so buoyancy babe.

A steel 100 would be too long and heavy for me as well I believe. That's why I use a 67. That said, I would like to try a steel HP80 some time..........

A steel 100 would be too long and heavy for me as well I believe. That's why I use a 67. That said, I would like to try a steel HP80 some time..........

I have 2 steel FX 80 HP Faber if you want to try one. Just let me know. I am usually available on the weekend.

Much better diving today (wednesday) than earlier in the week. I also showed 80 degrees
for the first time this year. Viz was 20-25 ft in some areas with the blue water starting to
return. An ever-so-slight thermocline-halocline effect at one point but nothing like earlier in
the week.

Joannie-
I have an HP 149 you can try, you may not be able to right yourself if you lean too far right or left but pretty sure you can spent 16 hours down there with your air consumption.
Buoyancy won't be pretty at first......
:DJohn
ps; only way I can hang with my buoyancy babe (who still comes out with 2500........:idk:)

Joannie-
I have an HP 149 you can try, you may not be able to right yourself if you lean too far right or left

With my steel hundred and pony, fins, flag, and camera rig, I can barely make it from the car to the water. But, the three and a half hour bottom times make it worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom