Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am doing a check out dive in September. (The 27-28) What is the water normally like that time of year?

It should still be in the 80's.

---------- Post added June 12th, 2013 at 09:39 PM ----------

Joannie-
I have an HP 149 you can try, you may not be able to right yourself if you lean too far right or left but pretty sure you can spent 16 hours down there with your air consumption.
Buoyancy won't be pretty at first......
:DJohn
ps; only way I can hang with my buoyancy babe (who still comes out with 2500........:idk:)

LOL. "Wasn't pretty" doesn't even begin to describe it. I'm actually glad vis was what it was so no one except Jim saw me struggling along. (I hope) The words "turtle on its back" kept popping into my head ...

Last edited:
Hey all, a friend and I are coming down and want to do some shore diving on Saturday. What is the best time to come to the bridge and where do we go? Will anyone be diving there this weekend that might be able to help us? Thanks :)

This Saturday High tide at BHB is at 1:40 PM. Usually and hour before to an hour after the high tide.

Hey all, a friend and I are coming down and want to do some shore diving on Saturday. What is the best time to come to the bridge and where do we go? Will anyone be diving there this weekend that might be able to help us? Thanks :)

We are coming next week to the area from Tennessee and plan to dive BHB (our 4th trip, so we are familiar), and want to try LBTS. What is the best time to dive LBTS and what conditions need to be considered? We are hoping to dive LBTS in the mornings and come to the bridge late afternoon around the tides. Is this do-able?

Thanks,
Brenda

Will be there Sunday, but the tide posted already for Saturday is correct and you should be fine.

Just find the bridge to the left or right of the only beach there and swim under it...except the tiny half bridge, that's for fisherman.

Just a reminder this weekend is Father's Day. The park will be inundated w picnickers. Parking will be scarce & don' t surprised if they close to cars on Sunday due to max capacity. Plan accordingly...

Sat the 15th hi is 1:41 pm (as indicated by diesel above) according to the tables available at Force E and other places in the area--use the Port of Palm Beach tides. www.saltwatertides.com is good too. There will be a ton of folks there, just ask for advice or ask at Pura Vida or Force E nearby--I know Force E has a site map they will give you and show you where stuff is on the map. Get to the area a couple of hours before hi tide so will have time to do research.:cool2:

---------- Post added June 13th, 2013 at 09:08 PM ----------

We are coming next week to the area from Tennessee and plan to dive BHB (our 4th trip, so we are familiar), and want to try LBTS. What is the best time to dive LBTS and what conditions need to be considered? We are hoping to dive LBTS in the mornings and come to the bridge late afternoon around the tides. Is this do-able?

Thanks,
Brenda

Hi Brenda,

I forgot to mention Gold Coast Divers in LBTS earlier, they sponsor a Meetup group for mostly shore diving LBTS and nearby. They have lots of info and possibly a group to shore dive with while you are here. Generally speaking the winds are less early in the day, so easier diving and especially easier surface swim out to the reef.

---------- Post added June 13th, 2013 at 09:17 PM ----------
IMG_2957.jpg
We dove BHB today and conditions are improving--still around 20 ft of viz at the start about 1 hour before hi slack tide. Water temp up a tick to 81 by my Suunto. We went east. Saw a nice big male Hairy Blenny on a piling of the bridge, and a big Jawfish with eggs closeby. We also saw a huge aggregation of Crevalle Jacks--hundreds of'em well south of the east bridge. Nice dive!!

Last edited:
An Open Letter of Apology

To whomever it may be,

On Tuesday, in on the south side of the east span at the "pipe" where we do the CESA with students, one of my students landed on top of a diver when descending from his CESA, probably due to his excitement. For this I apologize. Next time I will place caution tape around our group and 10' out beyond that. :wink:

An Open Letter of Apology

To whomever it may be,

On Tuesday, in on the south side of the east span at the "pipe" where we do the CESA with students, one of my students landed on top of a diver when descending from his CESA, probably due to his excitement. For this I apologize. Next time I will place caution tape around our group and 10' out beyond that. :wink:

I think I HAVE seen orange barrels and traffic cones at the site---are those YOURS?:cool2:

I really hate to see that giant lionfish around (boat under the East span) ...but I have no clue how to capture that big of a lionfish in a net.

Not half bad visibility but oh my my what a lot of people out and enjoying the beach!

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom