Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just back from FL and diving Blue Heron. Awesome as always. Striated Frog fish that swam with us. Wow.

Attachments

• West Palm April 2013 123.jpg
    West Palm April 2013 123.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 118
  • West Palm April 2013 125.jpg
    West Palm April 2013 125.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_4106.jpg
    IMG_4106.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 120
Now thats a frog fish even I could see! Amazing photos

Usually with frogfish you see them on a sponge or something. This guy was free swimming up to 3' off the bottom. Very interesting swim technique. It kind of waddles from side to side. It approached one diver in the group within 2" of his mask. I was wondering if he was seeing a potential mate or someone challenging his territory. Me, I chose to think with him waving his "lure" in the mask of the diver that he was thinking "if I can get this meal home I'm set" :). Another photo.

Attachments

• IMG_4107.jpg
    IMG_4107.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 239
I am a diver from The Netherlands and every year I visit the BHB for a few days and do some diving. Up until now these were all day dives but I am dying to do a night dive there. I know that Force E and Pura Vida sometimes have night dives but these were always on days that I wasn't there. Because I have to plan ahead (book flights etc) I am not flexible with changing my schedule.

Do any of you know if there is another way to do a night dive? I know the Phil Foster park closes at night so I think it would have to be a boat dive. Were can I arrange a night boat dive? Is there a dive center that does this? Or do I have to rent a boat? Or is there someone that is planning a dive, that me and my husband can join? We are coming to West Palm Beach on May 18 and on the 23rd, yes on the same day that Pura Vida does a night dive :depressed: we have to leave again.

I hope it is possible to make a night dive and that someone can help me.

I am a diver from The Netherlands and every year I visit the BHB for a few days and do some diving. Up until now these were all day dives but I am dying to do a night dive there. I know that Force E and Pura Vida sometimes have night dives but these were always on days that I wasn't there. Because I have to plan ahead (book flights etc) I am not flexible with changing my schedule.

Do any of you know if there is another way to do a night dive? I know the Phil Foster park closes at night so I think it would have to be a boat dive. Were can I arrange a night boat dive? Is there a dive center that does this? Or do I have to rent a boat? Or is there someone that is planning a dive, that me and my husband can join? We are coming to West Palm Beach on May 18 and on the 23rd, yes on the same day that Pura Vida does a night dive :depressed: we have to leave again.

You can arrange a night boat dive through Pura Vida or Little Deeper. At least you could last time I checked. You will have to charter the boat, and pay for a minimum # of divers. But if you post the date in this forum you might get some others willing to join you and share in the cost.

Technically all you would need is a kayak or rubber raft. You could put in at the boat ramp at phil foster ( same park) and go south under the East bridge into the BHB Marine park area. I don't know what the issues would be with parking your car like a boater with a trailer....They may need to pay a boat parking fee...maybe someone here know? And there are several options for renting kayaks..best I think is Jupiter Outdoor Center and also Adventure Time Kayaks ( closest to BHB) ADVENTURE TIMES KAYAKS - Kayak sales, rentals, and tours in Palm Beach County, Florida

Little Deeper may have had a night dive a while back but not sure if it was to the bridge or not ? If I get a chance I will
call Little Deeper and see what kind of minimum they would need to run a trip for a late night dive at the bridge.
I'm pretty sure you can almost see Lake Park Marina from the bridge.

Any vis reports from this weekend? There is a very outside chance we will get to dive tomorrow but want to know if it is too murky.

Thanks!

[Maybe 20 feet kind of milky
QUOTE=guyharrisonphoto;6729104]Any vis reports from this weekend? There is a very outside chance we will get to dive tomorrow but want to know if it is too murky.

Thanks![/QUOTE]

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom