Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the ID. I don't think they discontinued their activities.

Question/comment about the flag laws. I've been reading on Florida dive flag laws and it seems that you must be within 100 feet of a properly displayed dive flag. Now suppose someone wants to spend time in a particular area of bhb testing out new gear or practicing deploying a smb without having to deal with multile lines. Could not that person tie the flag off to a spot and proceed with hear testing as long as they stay close to the flag?

Question/comment about the flag laws. I've been reading on Florida dive flag laws and it seems that you must be within 100 feet of a properly displayed dive flag. Now suppose someone wants to spend time in a particular area of bhb testing out new gear or practicing deploying a smb without having to deal with multile lines. Could not that person tie the flag off to a spot and proceed with hear testing as long as they stay close to the flag?

Of course. Photographers do it all the time. If I see a subject I will set my flag down 2-3 body lengths away so that I can maneuver as the subject moves without getting tangled in line. Just be very careful about "tying off." Just about every structure has life on it. I use a 2 lb weight, some people use a hook-type thing, and set it in the sand.

WOW very cool!

LOL! That was fun! Thought you should submit it for the gopro video of the day.. till I saw the end... :rofl3:

Loved it ! :poke:

Dived Thurs, Water temp. 75°.....ahhhhhhh...warm water comin'....still had the 5mm and vest on........next time shedding the vest.
Check out my vid - Gorillapod vs. Octo https://vimeo.com/63935056

We went Saturday and I had 75F water temp on my computer the entire dive--my wife had 73-74 switching back and forth she said. Still got cold after 1 hour +, so no changes in apparel YET! Lots of classes so highly variable viz. Basic viz about 15ft ranging down to nada. Our buddy Helen is returning tomorrow to get 1 more dive in before we all head to Bonaire--jeez, maybe we should go too--11:30 am hi tide, so we can decide in the morning.....................

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom