Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, great dive last night. Viz was very acceptable and temps in the 75 to 76 degree range.
Looks like our January weather came in December and having March weather in January.
I won't say it's spring time yet but a very nice early January !

Any vis reports? Thinking about diving this weekend.

Anne Dupont is going with Sandra and I on Little Deeper at 4 pm, to scout out what some of the boats will be doing from 4 to 6 pm this winter....
Birding Trips to Munyon Island.... If you and Maribi would like to go...with or without cameras, you are welcome to...
This would be free, as it is a R&D mission, so to speak :)
It is a spectacular place for Birders, and the boat can actually dock right at the island.

If any other regulars want to go, just let me know...Captain Dave would love to have a bunch of us for this....just not more than 20 :)

Dan, sent you a pm. Maribi and I would definitely be interested.

Any Birdwatching in Palm Beach County would have to include the Wakodahatchee Wetlands and the Green Cay Nature Center. They are the county's best kept secret. The parks are a couple of miles apart. Either park is no more than a 10 minute drive from the Woolbright Rd exit of I-95. Both are free and open until sunset. Then you had head over to Atlantic Ave in Delray for dinner.

Here are links to the Parks. You can also check out you tube videos of each.

The Wakodahatchee Wetlands Location Tours & Hours

Green Cay Nature Center

^^ good links. good place to go when the days are not conducive for diving the bridge..

These are some of our favorite spots! But a boat trip to an island for shorebirds, waders and ospreys sounds like a lot of fun and we are looking forward to that.

On another topic, I need a dive buddy for the BHB tomorrow morning as Maribi can't make it. Want a photographer buddy as I will be shooting my new macro rig so want people happy to spend a while looking at the tiny critters. Anyone willing to team up or have me join a group? I can get 2 hours or so off a tank.

The tide is 9:15 and I would plan to be there 7:30 or so to gear up and in the water by 8:00.

Anyone lose a small back up light at the bridge a few months back ? Was going to post back then but never got around to it.
I actually found it the morning after a night dive and the light was still on ! It was over on the east side just east of where the last
bit of rock piles on the new snorkel trail would be. Can't remember if the new snorkel trail was there or not. If you lost one a while back
just give me the make with batterys and size and can return it. Not a big deal but always try to post when I find something local.
I have to draw the line somewhere with the scuba gear accessories, have to admit snorkels are kind of a finders keepers thing but
when it comes to lights and more I like to try to reunite with original owner if possible !

thanks for the reminder, idive. I found a jet fin last year, if anybody lost it...

Any reports from this morning as to vis? Thinking of diving tomorrow if it is not too stirred up (also need a buddy).

Any reports from this morning as to vis? Thinking of diving tomorrow if it is not too stirred up (also need a buddy).

Good. Go. Dirty 30, but for sure doable. extreme high tide that took longer to switch, but when it did, the current picked up in a hurry this morning. Found a HUGE wahoo carcass right next to a freshly filleted snook

Attachments

• 226688_10101509285975651_1393936828_n.jpg
    226688_10101509285975651_1393936828_n.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 88
  • 226688_10101509285985631_58852175_n.jpg
    226688_10101509285985631_58852175_n.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 90
  • 226688_10101509285970661_368147581_n.jpg
    226688_10101509285970661_368147581_n.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 79
Status
Not open for further replies.