Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My local buddy and I are planning to dive the bridge Thurs, Fri, Sat that weekend. Macro is be what we do. He's just finally getting a box for his digital rebel and bragging about how much better his 100mm will be than my 60. Yer certainly welcome to join either of us. I "occasionally" run across him under water. (He doesn't bring enough air with him).

And, as to there being a loggerhead at the bridge, I'll attach a pic from a few weeks ago.

don't think that is a loggerhead...

It was nice today...one of those two hour dives. Where were the manatees? I thought I saw one straight out before we entered, but then....gone. And that seahorse shot is beautiful!

Viz was so-so and temps what they said...but my crittervision wasn't working at optimum levels. Only took a couple pics that I thought were worthwhile:

PICT0058.jpgPICT0059.jpg

It was nice today...one of those two hour dives. Where were the manatees? I thought I saw one straight out before we entered, but then....gone. And that seahorse shot is beautiful!

Thanks, the manatees came from the east side and turned towards the snorkel trail.

So I got a gopro back in October, and decided to give it a whirl at the BHB today. Here is a video (with some stills taken by my wife.) You will see I found out the gopro needs a little more distance to focus than I gave it in a couple of the shots, but I put them in the video anyway!

Blue Heron Bridge - 05Jan2013 - YouTube

We had a good time today, and are planning on doing it again tomorrow. Had 73°F.

don't think that is a loggerhead...

Uh oh. Was going by the color. The face *does* look sort of hawksbillish, eh? Have you seen hawksbills that color??

---------- Post added January 6th, 2013 at 12:53 PM ----------

So I got a gopro back in October, and decided to give it a whirl at the BHB today. Here is a video (with some stills taken by my wife.) You will see I found out the gopro needs a little more distance to focus than I gave it in a couple of the shots, but I put them in the video anyway!

We had a good time today, and are planning on doing it again tomorrow. Had 73°F.

Almost like being there. Love it!

Any idea how long the GoPro will run on one charge? How about the "card"? How long to fill that up?? TIA

Last edited:
You will see I found out the gopro needs a little more distance to focus than I gave it in a couple of the shots, but I put them in the video anyway!
I think right around 8" is the minimum. Great video though. I did what you did with a colony of garden eels at Trinity Caves, and it was cool to see them come back out after leaving the camera filming in the sand and swimming away.

I'm mntlblok's buddy he mentioned above and will be with him on the 18th, 19th, 20th. Kevin (mntlblok) usually carries enough air for 4 days, so it'll be nice to dive with someone with more normal capacity. Regardless, we can follow Kevin around, or each other, and try to find some good macro stuff. Hope to see you then.

I'm mntlblok's buddy he mentioned above and will be with him on the 18th, 19th, 20th. Kevin (mntlblok) usually carries enough air for 4 days, so it'll be nice to dive with someone with more normal capacity. Regardless, we can follow Kevin around, or each other, and try to find some good macro stuff. Hope to see you then.

Look forward to it..

Nice video!

What filter were you using, if any? And why such a strong vignette?

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom