Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[INLINE=left]http://www.scubaboard.com/gallery/data/500/PB220072.JPG[/INLINE]We've noticed that there has been some chatter about divers at the BHB displaying poor buoyancy, and you have inspired us.

We will soon be making a formal announcement about our FREE Buoyancy Clinics which will be held at our Riviera Store. These FREE clinics will not earn people a certification, but will give the participants buoyancy tips that will help protect the delicate sea life.

In addition, we will soon begin a campaign to promote awareness and respect for the amazing gift the Blue Heron Bridge has given us all.

If you know a new diver or one that could use some buoyancy help, we encourage you to send them our way. We will post future announcement here when all the arrangements are made.

A ton of classes today, water 84F, viz decent mostly 20-25ft. At 7:45 am--the only front row parking was waaay west toward the bathrooms--so, we dove the west and saw lots of good stuff including a frogfish. We saw relatively few divers in the water, but there was a guy with both a new tickle stick a and lobster snare. We also saw 2 poached lobster heads out by the upsidedown wreck.

A ton of classes today, water 84F, viz decent mostly 20-25ft. At 7:45 am--the only front row parking was waaay west toward the bathrooms--so, we dove the west and saw lots of good stuff including a frogfish. We saw relatively few divers in the water, but there was a guy with both a new tickle stick a and lobster snare. We also saw 2 poached lobster heads out by the upsidedown wreck.

And don't forget about the guy WALKING on the bottom down at the boat channel! A good candidate for the Force E class mentioned above. Perhaps they can give us water proof flyers and we can pass them out as needed while we are diving. Yesterday I would have needed a big stack of 'em.

We've noticed that there has been some chatter about divers at the BHB displaying poor buoyancy, and you have inspired us.

We will soon be making a formal announcement about our FREE Buoyancy Clinics which will be held at our Riviera Store. These FREE clinics will not earn people a certification, but will give the participants buoyancy tips that will help protect the delicate sea life.

In addition, we will soon begin a campaign to promote awareness and respect for the amazing gift the Blue Heron Bridge has given us all.

If you know a new diver or one that could use some buoyancy help, we encourage you to send them our way. We will post future announcement here when all the arrangements are made.

Maybe you could also talk about how a frog kick still propels you but pushes water to the side, and not down towards the bottom like a scissor kick..

Maybe you could also talk about how a frog kick still propels you but pushes water to the side, and not down towards the bottom like a scissor kick..

LOL.... I just got back on SB to suggest just that! A frog kick demo would help some folks alot. Sometimes I feel like I'm diving in a sandstorm. I just want to yell STOP KICKING! I really get irriated when I see things flying off the bottom when one (or a group) of these folks go by. And why do they feel the need to kick so hard? A little education could go a long way.

We saw relatively few divers in the water, but there was a guy with both a new tickle stick a and lobster snare.

If you are alluding that it is illegal to harvest lobsters around the BHB, you would be mistaken. As long as you are abiding by Florida Law, the FWC acknowledges that it a lawful activity.

If you are alluding that it is illegal to harvest lobsters around the BHB, you would be mistaken. As long as you are abiding by Florida Law, the FWC acknowledges that it a lawful activity.

Lawful or not ... would you really want to eat something pulled from those waters? ijs ...

The lobsters were in nooooo danger from this guy!! As he and his buddy headed in against the tide......(;>)

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom