Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got home from a whirlwind 24 hours in Key Largo to find my Mac dead. The weekend storms threw all electronics in the house out of whack - even the A/C. I fear I've lost all my photos from the past six years - I won't know for sure until I can hook up my supposed back-up external hard drive to the laptop tomorrow. As sad as I am about losing my dive photos it's losing Irmy's photos that will devastate me. (And those of you who know, know who I'm talking about) It was either the storms or the ghost of the former owner, Gladys.

In a supreme effort to re-find my chi, and in honor of Olympic synchronized swimming, here is a photo (stored elsewhere) from a few weeks back.

View attachment 132259

Joanie,
I hope you got that computer fixed. How sad if you don't have the photos backed up but you do have that beautiful video of Irmy. It was so wonderful. I wish I had saved it.
Deb

Joanie,
I hope you got that computer fixed. How sad if you don't have the photos backed up but you do have that beautiful video of Irmy. It was so wonderful. I wish I had saved it.
Deb

Thanks Deb. I watched the video again yesterday morning and cried. 8 months gone and I still miss that pup so much.

It looks like my external hard drive saved all but the past year so most of my photos are there. And I'm taking the mac to the hospital today. As much as I can figure something somewhere was hit by lightening. So the hard drive might be ok. (Fingers crossed ...)

Hi, my wife dropped a metal pointer with a laser pointer attached to it with zip ties. It was on the east bridge near the first boat docks to the south. If any one finds it please pm me here, it would be good for some free drinks!

Guy

If I'm counting right number 6 is actually a box crab, there were so many around it was comical.
I was going to use the two shots as a before and after joke....

Picture 1: all shined up and going out on the town
Picture 2: the next morning

My eyes were playing tricks on me. On the second photo, I thought the intersection of the pinchers and the carapace looked like a mouth and thought that maybe you had discovered some sort of odd bottom dwelling ambushing fish like a Wobbegong or the south Florida version of such a fish or a cross between a stargazer and scorpion fish. With the other crab photo as reference, I can now clearly see you photo'ed a crab. Geez.... time to get the perscription for the eye glasses checked!!!

Anyone want to go diving Thursday night at the BHB? Did we mention that it's FREE?

[INLINE=left]https://fbcdn-profile-a.akamaihd.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/276941_332008256890515_1702431637_n.jpg[/INLINE]This is a reminder that our next FREE Blue Heron Bridge Night Dive is this Thursday (Aug 16th) and you are all invited.

If you are interested, please call our Riviera Beach store (561) 845-2333 to sign up. Dive starts at 7:36 PM; high tide is at 8:26pm

Hope to see you there.

Hi, my wife dropped a metal pointer with a laser pointer attached to it with zip ties. It was on the east bridge near the first boat docks to the south. If any one finds it please pm me here, it would be good for some free drinks!

Guy
It would be cheaper to push the wife in to go look for the pointer than to pay for my massive thirst. :bash:
But if you insist on buying me drinks:cheers: then I guess I have no choice but to look for the pointer in exchange for FREE DRINKS :coke:.

Guy

Way to go Mary!

---------- Post Merged at 06:46 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 06:44 PM ----------

Were you piggybacking off Chris' video light?
04.gif

No Chris was Bogarting the Octo! I actually turned my light off so as to not disturb Chris's light.

Lactophrys trigonus (Buffalo trunkfish)

IMG_0581wa.jpgIMG_4882wa hexagonal plates.jpgIMG_8961wa.jpg

Apparently, all three of these guys are versions of baby trunkfishes. Anybody got information otherwise? Also, seems the "locals" know these as "sponge bobs".

I *have* seen the adult version of the buffalo trunkfish in the general area where all these were shot. All survived.

Kevin

It would be cheaper to push the wife in to go look for the pointer than to pay for my massive thirst.
But if you insist on buying me drinks:cheers: then I guess I have no choice but to look for the pointer in exchange for FREE DRINKS :coke:.

Yes, water is free!:cheers:

---------- Post Merged at 10:22 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 10:19 PM ----------

Hi Conchy Joe,

Great hearing from you. We had two boat dives and then 2 1/2 hours at the bridge. Found an orange seahorse and a golden one, absolutely beautiful, with the help of Jim Abernethy who was also there and pointed them out to us. Got excellent shots, putting Phil's lessons to good use!

Guy

BHB has much in common with the marine life at Lembeh, but at least half of the Dive Instructors teaching people at the bridge are TEACHING students to walk on, stand on, and to trash the bottom.

Speaking of walking on the bottom, I saw this group on the east side twice last month. Anyone recognize them? The guy towing the flag seemed to be a responsible diver, but the other two guys had no idea. The guy with the red, white, and blue tank was literally walking across the bottom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom