Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be snorkeling at bhb Friday morning with a friend and her kids. Maybe we'll see some of you there. If anyone can point me towards a seahorse in a snorkelable area, pm me. I won't tell any collectors, and the kids would be amazed!

Have have seen many seahorses at BHB but they always seem to be on the move.

Romeo and Juliet

IMG_6951wa2 yonder window break.jpg

yonder window break stuff

Judging by the eggs in the carapace (that will migrate to the tail) that's Juliet on the bottom.
Love those gold coral shrimp. Was really hoping to get back this weekend but sinus issues have me beached...
When you coming back down?
John

It was really really crowded today. apparently the cops were helping with parking, then those cars got tickets...

WTH was all that mess? I know they have that diver challenge thing and there were beaucoup classes, but mostly it seemed like new and rusty divers working things out............I snorkeled with my grandson and dodging flags was sumpin' else!! We saw a newly hatched and dead loggerhead turtle--very interesting!! There were several dive clubs with shelters up, etc. busy, busy--and yet the viz was nice when we got in and stayed ok even with 100 or more divers. Viz 25-30 ft--temp 84F. They said at Force E that some area will be blocked off for shooting video tomorrow of the challenge competition. Saw a nice sized eagle ray and a large pink condom--the usual bridge stuff!!

Sand zippers

Judging by the eggs in the carapace (that will migrate to the tail) that's Juliet on the bottom.
Love those gold coral shrimp. Was really hoping to get back this weekend but sinus issues have me beached...
When you coming back down?
John

Dang. Carapace eggs, eh? Well, then I reckon it's just a standard case of nagging.

Sorry about the sinuses. Turns out that my local dive buddy and I'll be diving the bridge come Wednesday, leaving on Sunday. Claims he's got his camera issues under control. I can almost hear the whining now. . .

Something tells me there's more to these zippers in the sand.

Kevin

IMG_6628wb.jpgIMG_6630wb.jpgIMG_6631wb.jpg

Can anyone else confirm that the bridge is going to be closed tomorrow? its not that I dont trust you Jimw, I just wanna make sure before I call off my trip last minute. I had heard that the bhb was the backup dive for the film/tv people. Any additional info would be greatly appreciated.

Didn't see you there Jenny!! It was terribly crowded. Lots of parking tickets!!
Were you on the west side? I usually go east.

Can anyone else confirm that the bridge is going to be closed tomorrow? its not that I dont trust you Jimw, I just wanna make sure before I call off my trip last minute. I had heard that the bhb was the backup dive for the film/tv people. Any additional info would be greatly appreciated.

I don't think JimW said the bridge is closed.. just that some areas will be blocked off..

---------- Post Merged at 09:15 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 09:10 PM ----------

I want to publicly call out that woman diver with the big hunkin' camera that was shooting something on a rope. We saw it too and waited patiently till she finished. Then she stood on the bottom and mucked up the area for us. thanks.. hope I can repay you in kind :mad:

And I want to publicly thank the man with the even bigger hunkin' camera who was shooting something, saw us, stopped, backed off the subject, let us get a couple shots with our cheapo cameras, thank him, and move one. Thank you for sharing the critter. If you weren't there, I probably would have found it anyways, and much appreciate your kindness is sharing and not hogging the critter like some photogs with big cameras do.. :thumb:

Here are some pics from my dive buddies yesterday...ID help on the trunkfish/cowfish/boxfish please.

---------- Post Merged at 10:07 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 10:06 PM ----------

Here is a picture of something disturbing we saw during our dive yesterday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom