Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok guys I need help making a very quick decision... like now!!! haha
Coming down Friday... everyone i am coming with is diving the BHB on Saturday and boat dive sunday.
Should I do a boat dive both days or check out the bridge.
Kinda feeling like a long drive to do just 1 one dive...
You guys know the area I don't... what would you do?????????

Do both on Saturday, hi tide at BHB is 4pm on Friday, 5pm on Sat., and 6pm on Sunday. My suggestions are, dive the bridge on Friday if you can get there by 3pm. Boat and bridge on Sat., and whatever is possible on Sunday. Driving or Flying??

Do both on Saturday, hi tide at BHB is 4pm on Friday, 5pm on Sat., and 6pm on Sunday. My suggestions are, dive the bridge on Friday if you can get there by 3pm. Boat and bridge on Sat., and whatever is possible on Sunday. Driving or Flying??

Driving .. coming with LDS and they have a bunch of newbies...so you are saying on Sat that they won't be able to dive till 5pm... what time is the morning high tide???

Driving .. coming with LDS and they have a bunch of newbies...so you are saying on Sat that they won't be able to dive till 5pm... what time is the morning high tide???

Due to current and viz the best way to dive the BHB is to be in the water an hour before high tide and dive to an hour after, or thereabouts.

There is a sticky around somewhere about the best ways to do the BHB

Due to current and viz the best way to dive the BHB is to be in the water an hour before high tide and dive to an hour after, or thereabouts.

Lynn, he is not exaggerating. I splashed a bit early today being new the site and ready to get wet.
I spent the first 30 minutes finding holes / pilings to hide behind and out of the current. That part of the dive was like some ride at Disney Land, as HT approached it was much, much nicer.

Lynn, he is not exaggerating. I splashed a bit early today being new the site and ready to get wet.
I spent the first 30 minutes finding holes / pilings to hide behind and out of the current. That part of the dive was like some ride at Disney Land, as HT approached it was much, much nicer.

You can get in a bit earlier and hang around under the sailboats then move as the current slows.

The first time I went in, I was a bit early as well and felt like I was in a washing machine.....

4am--the park is not open until sunup, you could dive from a boat at BHB...............The best viz is around slack hi tide, skills dives out front could be done outside that time frame, but viz might really suck!! There's no advantage in this case for dunkin' students at any time other than hi tide as the 4 dives must be on 2 different days--hence Sat evening and Sunday morning on a boat.

4am--the park is not open until sunup, you could dive from a boat at BHB...............The best viz is around slack hi tide, skills dives out front could be done outside that time frame, but viz might really suck!! There's no advantage in this case for dunkin' students at any time other than hi tide as the 4 dives must be on 2 different days--hence Sat evening and Sunday morning on a boat.

Well I think my decision is made.. I am going on the boat dive. The boat is Narcosis... anyone up for being my buddy. Then if they don't dive until high tide I will do that too. I am not gonna waste a dive going in when the tide is not high. Looks like besides 2 instructors and myself everyone is new or have never dove in the ocean...
Yes some have to do check outs others are just leary I think of not going with shop owner...

If you or anyone want to be my buddy please PM me...HOPEFULLY SOMEONE WILL LOL...

worm

IMG_7237wa orange.jpg

This struck me as a different-looking sort of worm.

Kevin

Not really... you want to do as much as possible of your dive BEFORE high tide. Once the tide starts to turn and the dirty bay water is flushing out the visibility can drop very fast. It also depends on how dirty the bay is, how much nasty freshwater has been dumped on the urban watershed in the area and moon phase and also where you are diving in the area. Some areas are more sheltered and will retain clear water for much longer. Plus the outgoing tide is often loaded with fecal coliforms... so it is better to be early than late.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom