Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone dive on Sunday night? The Force E night Dive?
How was the viz?
Thanks

I just got through 3 days in a row diving with out of town friends. Saturday morning viz was fantastic. The water was clear and blue.

Sunday morning horrible. It was less that 6 ft and full of schmutz. And a lot of classes for a Father's Day morning! My friends dove Sunday night and said it was still murky but better than the morning. They spent all their time around the shopping carts and had a great time.

Monday morning I'd say 15-20 ft, so better than Sunday.

And I did confirm: there are two of those color/light/focus sucking black frog fish.

As for bigger and more colorful, get Ari to take you on a tour....you'd be surprised :)

Would love to interact with yet another new hero, but Ari is not one of the folks whom I've run across in my travels to date.

I've found a few cool, brightly colored snails, but not nearly enough to justify the time I've "wasted" looking for them. Guess I need to invest in a magnifying glass. :D But, there still seems to be enough other, larger cool stuff to be discovered at the bridge at this stage of my journey. Heck, I can't even tell what I've photographed with the tiny stuff until I get it on the computer screen as it is. May be a hobby for those with younger eyes than mine.

BTW, I'm devastated by my inability on Saturday to have fount either *one* of them black froggies. :depressed: Interestingly, I started wandering around searching at around 11 Saturday morning, and the viz had already gone to heck vs. the reported great viz for the dawn dive, and there was no improvement on the Saturday late afternoon incoming tide. Weird.

Kevin

BTW, I'm devastated by my inability on Saturday to have fount either *one* of them black froggies. :depressed: Interestingly, I started wandering around searching at around 11 Saturday morning, and the viz had already gone to heck vs. the reported great viz for the dawn dive, and there was no improvement on the Saturday late afternoon incoming tide. Weird.

Kevin

LOL Kevin. "Froggie Hoarder." :rofl3:

I've been called worse. I was told I was an "elitist" because I wouldn't share seahorse locations with someone I didn't know. That's me. An elitist froggie hoarder. I'm almost tempted to change my status.

Speaking of elitist, here is one of my May Best Of's.

5221.jpg

Would love to interact with yet another new hero, but Ari is not one of the folks whom I've run across in my travels to date.

I've found a few cool, brightly colored snails, but not nearly enough to justify the time I've "wasted" looking for them. Guess I need to invest in a magnifying glass. :D But, there still seems to be enough other, larger cool stuff to be discovered at the bridge at this stage of my journey. Heck, I can't even tell what I've photographed with the tiny stuff until I get it on the computer screen as it is. May be a hobby for those with younger eyes than mine.

Kevin
I am pretty certain Sandra and Ari would show you the "elusive Nudibranchs" if you would lead them to the black frogfish :)
BHB Bartering :)

I am heading to BHB next week during the week for a couple dives. I plan to collect seahorses..uh, I mean I plan to see seahorses...j/k.. I want to do a night dive to really get to see the colors and creatures. Does anyone know if I need a permit for this, if so how to take the steps to get one?

With the high tide schedule, it doesn't look like night dives will be available those days.

Perhaps another location would be better if it has to be next week. I hear you can collect, I mean see things in other places.

j/k

You can check with Force E in Riviera Beach for their night dive dates.

Thanks for the info. I live in Tampa and just plan to drive over there on a weekday to dive without it being as crowded as a weekend, doesnt have to be next week though.

I am pretty certain Sandra and Ari would show you the "elusive Nudibranchs" if you would lead them to the black frogfish :)
BHB Bartering :)

Kevin-
If I can't help you with frogfish sightings, maybe I can help with Ari sighting.
I normally see her on the last 50 psi of air of a 3 hour dive because she likes to time it for the nudies.
Awesome spotter for the last few gasps of air left in my tank....
John

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom