Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is this?

P6130889.jpg
From Tennessee, having a great time diving BHB this week. Can anyone tell me what this is? It was all purple, then showed the brown area in the center, then returned to all purple... The best find of the day was about 25 squid!

thanks!!

View attachment 126834
From Tennessee, having a great time diving BHB this week. Can anyone tell me what this is? It was all purple, then showed the brown area in the center, then returned to all purple... The best find of the day was about 25 squid!

thanks!!
You are one of the lucky few to see a Cowerie alive! Most people see the Cowerie shell, but never realize there is a live animal associated with the shell (brown stuff toward the top)...

7330_100889456599783_4964074_n.jpg

---------- Post added ----------

Seems like a good book to have. Do you know anything about the authors?
Mine still needs to be autographed!

wonder if FWC would be interested in that video.
Actually, it looks very much like a bridge span in Jupiter I have been under... Looks like someone is attempting to get a spark from divers... more than supplying the actual place they are diving...

View attachment 126834

thanks!!

Hi Brenda and family, nice talking with you at BHB!! See you diving sometime soon.

jimw and divedivadm

We had nice viz yesterday at least before high tide--about 30 ft. The temperature was great too--82F! Maybe NOW I can lose the 3mil and 5 pounds of lead?? I saw a nice eagle ray and all the usual critters, Brenda tried to get my attention to shoot a batfish, but of course; I was head down watching a yellowheaded jawfish dance.................

I thought you wuz the boss?? Get on up here! Will head back Sunday morn - unless something interesting comes up.

The GoPro guy sez his machine won't focus closer than about three feet. Does that sound right??

She was up to all kinds of stuff last time. Hope to see her again, tomorrow. . .

Kevin

View attachment 126831View attachment 126833View attachment 126832

That's too bad Kev,
I won't be able to catch up with you this visit.
If I was the boss there wouldn't be such a long dry spell between dives.
Have some great ones.
John

View attachment 126834

thanks!!

Wow! I haven't seen a Cowrie in years. Turning Basin used used to be packed with them. Looks like an Atlantic Deer Cowrie.

Question:

Anybody do the REEF Photo BHB Workshop? I am thinking about attending the August event.

Ok, where can I find info on tides? Was Wade saying you need to be in at high tide?

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom