Blue Heron Bridge Trolls III

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thank you, this is helpful. And I have no intentions of doing a night dive until after I've thoroughly familiarized myself with the site during some daytime dives (and will certainly be with a buddy).
My understanding is that the Open Waters Resort allows guests to dive the BHB from their dock, which would allow you to do night dives at any time. Just make sure that you don’t stay in the water too long as once the outgoing tide gets too strong you will not be able to swim back to their dock. Also make sure that you have a dive flag and that it has lights for the night dive.

My understanding is that the Open Waters Resort allows guests to dive the BHB from their dock
Do they rent tanks or offer fills? How come I've never heard of this place? (I suppose the answer is I've never searched for anything but a budget hotel/motel in the vicinity). If they rent tanks, it would be ideal for visiting divers. Not having to deal with parking at Phil Foster Park would be worth the hotel cost.

I don’t see that they rent any equipment. You have two great dive shops nearby that can provide tanks, Pura Vida Divers on Singer Island and Force-E on the other side of the bridge. Don’t feel bad, I live in the area and had never heard of it until I ran across it online.

Do they rent tanks or offer fills? How come I've never heard of this place? (I suppose the answer is I've never searched for anything but a budget hotel/motel in the vicinity). If they rent tanks, it would be ideal for visiting divers. Not having to deal with parking at Phil Foster Park would be worth the hotel cost.
They do not rent tanks that I am aware of, but Pura Vida is a 1/4 mile away. Reviews for the place look hit or miss and communication with the resort has been silent (trying to make some changes post-booking). My trip isn't for a couple of months though, so, we'll see.

They do not rent tanks that I am aware of, but Pura Vida is a 1/4 mile away. Reviews for the place look hit or miss and communication with the resort has been silent (trying to make some changes post-booking). My trip isn't for a couple of months though, so, we'll see.
The location and concept seems great. I did see that their reviews on TripAdvisor were mixed (but mostly bad). The location is so great -- please do let us know how it goes.

One of my concerns with diving from the resort would be entry and exit times. Looking at google maps, their dock is on the northeast side of the east bridge. I guess you could enter in the current and drift to the snorkel trail and be near the dock after the tide shifts to the south (after HT). Are there stairs on the dock or is there beach entry/exit? I haven't really looked since I'm usually searching under the docks if I'm in that area.

... How come I've never heard of this place? ...
Looking at a googled up map of the place, it looks like the location of a house that was often rented with a dock in the past. Perhaps someone tore down the house & built a multi-unit rental there recently???

Looking at a googled up map of the place, it looks like the location of a house that was often rented with a dock in the past. Perhaps someone tore down the house & built a multi-unit rental there recently???
It’s on the north side of the road, upside down U with pool in middle.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom