Blue Heron Bridge Trolls III

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bridge Trolls fast question, what is/was the wreck under the east span of the bridge?

Thanks!

Bridge Trolls fast question, what is/was the wreck under the east span of the bridge?

Thanks!
There have been a few. The last time I looked, there was about a 40' sport fish that was being used as a mooring for about a 40' sailboat, which later also sunk. The sailboat seems to have been removed about a year ago. I haven't looked for the sporty in a while.

Those were just south of the little bridge at the east end of the snorkel trail. If you are talking about a different wreck, please describe the location in detail. There are others in the area.

Made it up yesterday for a late afternoon high tide. The place was packed, it took me around 10 minutes and numerous circling around to find a spot. Then I realized I was a bit late getting there, people were already hitting the water. I hurried up and hit the water. Despite seeing a lot of flags I only saw one other diver the whole time. It was like I had the place to myself!
BHB did not disappoint. If I were to name the sea horse, it would be Big Red. I kept looking around to see other divers with big hunking cameras, but none around. I hung with Big Red for a little while before meandering around eventually finding what I was hoping to find. By the time I got out of the water, it was well past dark, the parking lot mostly empty namely thanks to a storm that rolled through that I never heard. Absolutely one of the mose peaceful serene dives ever. And almost all the critters were very accomadating of a solo diver and a little camera..

Big Red
1286 04 big red.jpg

Long arm octopus
1286 05 long arm octopus.jpg

Fringed filefish.
1286 09 green filefish.jpg

Blue spotted cornetfish that when turning a certain way would become orange!
1286 10 cornetfish.jpg

What I was hoping to find!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
1286 13 froggie 1.jpg

Dwarf Froggie # 2
1286 16 froggie 2.jpg

Bumblebee Shrimp
1286 14 bumbleshrimp.jpg

Made it up yesterday for a late afternoon high tide. The place was packed, it took me around 10 minutes and numerous circling around to find a spot. Then I realized I was a bit late getting there, people were already hitting the water. I hurried up and hit the water. Despite seeing a lot of flags I only saw one other diver the whole time. It was like I had the place to myself!
BHB did not disappoint. If I were to name the sea horse, it would be Big Red. I kept looking around to see other divers with big hunking cameras, but none around. I hung with Big Red for a little while before meandering around eventually finding what I was hoping to find. By the time I got out of the water, it was well past dark, the parking lot mostly empty namely thanks to a storm that rolled through that I never heard. Absolutely one of the mose peaceful serene dives ever. And almost all the critters were very accomadating of a solo diver and a little camera..

Big Red
View attachment 709777

Long arm octopus
View attachment 709778
Fringed filefish.
View attachment 709779
Blue spotted cornetfish that when turning a certain way would become orange!
View attachment 709780

What I was hoping to find!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
View attachment 709781

Dwarf Froggie # 2 View attachment 709783
Bumblebee Shrimp
View attachment 709782
Wow, love the tiny frogfish!!!

The first one just sat out there allowing me to take multiple photos. Then I go to thinking it must be a female, and a male is nearby. Didn't expect to find that tiny one! The third one I found, was icing on the cake! WOW!!!!

Today was amazing .. 60 ft+ viz, and temp of 76. Not too crowded
Some of the usual suspects ... curtesy of Nathalie

1646447190665.png
1646447207919.png
1646447224982.png
1646447239028.png
1646447255726.png
1646447276160.png

1646447295524.png
1646447308520.png
1646447322616.png

(I think this is a mushroom scorpion fish, about 2", there was a pair. Had two dark strips on tail)

1646447364516.png

I believe that is a mushroom scorpionfish.
Looks like you trekked the same areas Ilike to go. :)

I believe that is a mushroom scorpionfish.
Looks like you trekked the same areas Ilike to go. :)
I think so : ) .. Some times feel like we're watching the neighborhood kids as they are growing up ..
I was looking and looking for those elusive frog fish .. but ... so hard to spot,
Hope to be back Monday to search some more.

I think so : ) .. Some times feel like we're watching the neighborhood kids as they are growing up ..
I was looking and looking for those elusive frog fish .. but ... so hard to spot,
Hope to be back Monday to search some more.
Yeah, they are super hard to find. Easier in the dark..
From yesterday. If I didn't know any better I'd think this was the same one I found last week, however, it was less than half the size.
1646615856019.png

Might not be the best photo, but I like it. She keept advancing toward me, and I had to keep backing up!!

1646615768901.png

Speedy little nudi

1646615955887.png

Another nice day at the bridge today. I've been using @Pipehorse 's trick of looking over the fishing bridge to check visibility before going in. Today was a good 30-35ft on the west side. We heard others returning from the east side grumbling about 10 ft however.

We jumped in and saw an octopus in the swim area, a fully out large mantis in the north west, the friendly seahorse in the usual spot and surprise surprise even a goliath grouper under one of the west bridge pillars!! Pictures didn't come out well but first time I've seen one at the bridge. Dive continued with many more things which would each be a a highlight with most dives: Spotted morays including a teeny one next to the arrow crab here, flounders, scorpion fish, upside down jelly, pipefish, banded coral shrimps, batfish, lancer dragonet .. yup. That's the BHB! Are we lucky or what!

A few of Nathalie's pics and a great video of the mantis :)

1646707095123.png
1646707110568.png
1646707181903.png

1646709642074.png

ok Terrible picture .. but ... just a kind of proof of goliath sighting for anyone that knows how big those bridge pillars are on the west side :)
1646707154089.png

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom