Blue Heron Bridge Trolls III

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A few photos from Monday 9/14/20. 84-85 water temps, viz 5-15’.

Crab of some sort. I don't know my crabs. Any takers on what kind of crab this is?
View attachment 612303

Still trying to figure out exactly what type of Parrotfish this is, assuming it's even a Parrotfish. I believe so but still working on the exact species. EDIT: So far the consensus is that it is a juvenile midnight parrotfish that is just starting to develop the darker coloration.
View attachment 612305

Could it be a Florida Tarpon Bait Crab ? it will be my guess..

So there has been a few confirmed sightings of a manta ray at the bridge. Cool.
Research is suggesting that the S. Florida coast may be a manta nursery.

968F2CD7-18A9-4C77-8168-4415EC8C083A.jpeg
Can anybody ID what kind of clam or oyster this may be? Saw this on one the pilings at BHB. Probably something common, but new to me.

You never know what you'll find on the west side.This was yesterday, 10/21/20. I've seen plenty of Goliath Groupers on boat dives along the palm beaches, but never encountered one at the bridge. 5-6' long. I got to hang out with it for about 15 minutes. Of course, I only had a macro lens, but it was still great.
lw-210344s.jpg

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom