Blue Heron Bridge Trolls III

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DSC03986-Edit-32.jpg

LOL I think I saw that little common octopus today too.. Looks familar in size and hole it was hiding in.

That was end of June. He probably grew up a bit!
LOL.. probably not the same then..
But, I did find a small one yesterday about that size that had a hidey hole about that shape.

A couple weeks ago, I decide that my wife, youngest son and I needed to return to BHB. Although my wife and I have dove there a few times before, my son had not dove this site before and so I figured now would be a good time to use a guide. Reaching out to @Scuba_Jenny, we agree on a date of July 24th. I was surprised at how quickly she agreed to take a Friday off of work to go diving, but after meeting her in the parking lot and seeing firsthand her energy and enthusiasm I knew we were going to have a great dive. I was surprised at the number of divers for a Friday, but once in the water it was not too crowded. Jenny provided muck sticks that allowed us to handle a bit more current and so we had more dive time that we usually have. Visibility was about 15 feet due to some rougher seas offshore. As my son is a shark freak we decided to heard out to the hammerhead statues and then work our way west. Jenny is great at poking around and finding stuff. Below are a couple of pictures, excuse the low quality as I am a point and snap shooter using a ParaLenz. Temperature via computer was 83 degrees, max depth was 18 feet and runtime was 127 minutes. All in all it was a fantastic dive thanks in large part to @Scuba_Jenny.

These days we all need a hug
upload_2020-7-25_10-26-11.jpeg

My eagle eyed son spotted this little guy
upload_2020-7-25_10-28-11.jpeg

Some fish are really good at hiding
upload_2020-7-25_10-29-35.jpeg

Strange bedfellows
upload_2020-7-25_10-31-2.jpeg

Oh thank you for trusting me! It was an awesome dive made better by some very competent divers including your son. I was pleasantly surprised at how good his trim was.. then I looked at the parents and noted apples don't fall far from trees! I loved his curosity and willingness to go with the flow.
I hope I gave you enough info that if you dive sans guide, you will have a decent dive.
Again, thank you! It was my pleasure to dive with ya'll!

A couple weeks ago, I decide that my wife, youngest son and I needed to return to BHB. Although my wife and I have dove there a few times before, my son had not dove this site before and so I figured now would be a good time to use a guide. Reaching out to @Scuba_Jenny, we agree on a date of July 24th. I was surprised at how quickly she agreed to take a Friday off of work to go diving, but after meeting her in the parking lot and seeing firsthand her energy and enthusiasm I knew we were going to have a great dive. I was surprised at the number of divers for a Friday, but once in the water it was not too crowded. Jenny provided muck sticks that allowed us to handle a bit more current and so we had more dive time that we usually have. Visibility was about 15 feet due to some rougher seas offshore. As my son is a shark freak we decided to heard out to the hammerhead statues and then work our way west. Jenny is great at poking around and finding stuff. Below are a couple of pictures, excuse the low quality as I am a point and snap shooter using a ParaLenz. Temperature via computer was 83 degrees, max depth was 18 feet and runtime was 127 minutes. All in all it was a fantastic dive thanks in large part to @Scuba_Jenny.

These days we all need a hug
View attachment 600267

My eagle eyed son spotted this little guy
View attachment 600268

Some fish are really good at hiding
View attachment 600269

Strange bedfellows
View attachment 600270

I do not have a count of the BHB dives that i have done with Jenny. It is a few, for sure.

Jenny not only knows BHB, she also has "the eyes" to see small stuff that most of us swim right past.
A week ago today she and I did an amazing ( for me at least), 186 minute dive on the bridge. ( Jenny on the other hand, got over 5 hours on her tank, over the 2 BHB dives she did the night before guiding friends, and on the Sat AM dive with me), while i was just thrilled to get in my first 3+ hour dive.
Diving BHB on Sat morning with Jenny was amazing way to begin my week live-aboard to the Bahamas on the Juliet!

Awwwhhh you're too kind.. You are quite awesome to dive with too! We've had some memorable dives over the years!
Just a clarification.. that tank was waaaaayyyyy overfilled! Otherwise I would have used two tanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom