Blue Heron Bridge Trolls III

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was there on Sunday morning. Got there early and thought it might of been silly to be there so early. Turns out it was a good move. It was my buddies first dive in 8 months and some personal stuff, and since mid March for me. We both were eager to dive! Right away we found a seahorse. Later on we found octopuses, garden eels, upside down jellyfish. Vis was maybe 10-15 ft., current ripping at the beginning. It was an awesome dive...

Sucky photo. Long list of ughs... but check out those eyelashes!!!!!!
View attachment 588292

Hard to tell that this is the back end of another hermit crab.. 3 anemones on one crab.. the blue.. oh my!!! so brilliant! Camera does not even come close to how vibrant it was.
View attachment 588293

Upside down jelly
View attachment 588294

I think it's a planehead filefish. About an inch long
View attachment 588295
What was water temp?

79 not bad at all!
Planning on a Saturday dive, if we can get up there early enough..

I returned to BHB today for the first time since restrictions were lifted. There were lots of folks there enjoying the beach scene. Buckets full of little kids. Parking spaces were not plentiful though the lot was not at capacity. Had to gear up and hike a wee bit to get to the access point at the west side. Met several old friends for the first time in months. Water was bluish, but loaded with particulate. Visibility before the turn of the tide was about 8 to 10’ at best, and less than 5’ after the turn. Not stellar, and made for challenging photography. Not one of the best dives I’ve made at The Bridge, but I loved absolutely every minute. Very mild current and water temperature was a balmy 81 degrees.

we plan on heading up very early just to get a parking spot.
Was planning a shore dive in the morning, but the wind is blowing still pretty good.

I returned to BHB today for the first time since restrictions were lifted. There were lots of folks there enjoying the beach scene. Buckets full of little kids. Parking spaces were not plentiful though the lot was not at capacity. Had to gear up and hike a wee bit to get to the access point at the west side. Met several old friends for the first time in months. Water was bluish, but loaded with particulate. Visibility before the turn of the tide was about 8 to 10’ at best, and less than 5’ after the turn. Not stellar, and made for challenging photography. Not one of the best dives I’ve made at The Bridge, but I loved absolutely every minute. Very mild current and water temperature was a balmy 81 degrees.

I was there, too. Nice to be in the water. The viz was poor. Good practice for a night dive

Viz was bad. Still love the place.

File fish.
8AB6A73B-0383-4B12-A26E-003B5BA25CFB.jpeg

Dived the bridge yesterday. Tons of people, place was packed. Got there super early and still had to wait to get a spot. As we were coming down off the hill into the park I saw a bunch of kayaks beached on the east side. We decided west might be a better option.. Some kid tried to steal my flag. Buddy surfaced and caught him, he swam off quickly...but that was after he dived down and almost smacked into me.. I really don't like diving there mid afternoon on a weekend, but it was an opportunity to dive.
Good thing we did yesterday, I hear I-95 was closed in Palm Beach because of the riots... woulda had to have found another route...

Dived BHB yesterday afternoon. I had to wait for the deluge to stop but finally entered the water at 5:24 and ended at 7:17. The park was a bit busy for such a rainy afternoon but not crazy. 82 F temps, 10-20' viz. Here are a few stills I pulled from my video:

IMG_0218.JPEG
IMG_0219.JPEG
IMG_0220.JPEG
IMG_0231.JPEG
IMG_0232.JPEG

Dived BHB yesterday afternoon. I had to wait for the deluge to stop but finally entered the water at 5:24 and ended at 7:17. The park was a bit busy for such a rainy afternoon but not crazy. 82 F temps, 10-20' viz. Here are a few stills I pulled from my video:

View attachment 589903 View attachment 589904 View attachment 589905 View attachment 589906 View attachment 589907
Very nice- thanks for posting. Headed out to Florida the end of the month for 2 weeks of diving. Will be hitting up BHB a couple times.

Hey JimBlay, FWC has an interest in the horseshoe crabs, and would love a report...

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom