Blue Heron Bridge Trolls III

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Duuuuude. Awesome nudis! Can I ask which side they were on? Vis was really crap during my trip but I was lucky enough to get a couple of pretty decent seahorse shots.
Thanks! All of the photos other than the headshield slug are from the West side. I got lucky on my exit and a nice local lady asked if I ever saw a headshield slug. She took me to the over to the East side of the swimming area and not even 5' from the rope was 100's of them. The only thing i was sad to miss was the 2 manatees that swam up just as we started walking to the slugs oh well next time :wink:

Anybody else play with the Goliath under East bridge today?
Had the place to myself as usual, saw Eagle rays then spotted him.
Got close, followed him around a piling until he barked twice --- k bro, I'll back off.

Saw my first Nudibranchs today. After years of diving the BHB I finally spotted some. They are smaller than I expected, super tiny, probably why I never noticed them before.

I'm gonna need a 2nd diopter for these, they're that small.

P1040454.jpg

P1040465.jpg

P1040483_1.jpg

This is probably not news to many bridge regulars but I found a new favorite spot and wanted to share. This was filmed on the west side of the channel wall diving between the wall and channel pylons. The corals are maybe the best i've seen at the bridge. Another favorite spot for the past 1-2 months has been the area between the last set of bridge pylons on the west span, the open ground there is literally a fish nursery!

Hello, I'm going to be in the area from april 8th-10th on vacation with the fam and am looking for someone to show me the sights at the bridge, anybody diving those days mind a tag-along?

The tides on those dates are morning, but not too early. You will have to contend with weekend locals and spring breakers who will occupy a lot of the parking spots, so arrive early! 2-3 hours before high tide!

Thanks for the tip! I will be there with my family so will have s/o drop me off, what are my chances of finding someone to dive with if I just kinda hang around waiting for tide?

Any updates on cuz for the bridge?

Thinking of heading up there today for the 4pm tide window.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom