Blue Heron Bridge Trolls III

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Get there at least 3 hours before high tide. I've heard of people dropping gear and parking across the bridge near Pura Vida. Course you can only do that if your buddy watches your gear.

Get there at least 3 hours before high tide. I've heard of people dropping gear and parking across the bridge near Pura Vida. Course you can only do that if your buddy watches your gear.
3 hrs in advance, LOL. Even worse than I thought.

There are always at least two of us. I thought of parking off site so I guess Pura Vida would work. Still a lot faster than 3 hr lead time to circle the parking lot like a kettle of vultures. I really wish there were a real solution to the parking issue.

Anyways, I'll be giving it a try on the 23rd with an 11:20 am high tide.

Thx

MB:
You mean its not??? Of course it is a candy cane shrimp. Rob - Don't let Jenny trick you in to thinking that all that sea life has to have a Latin name. I think Cousteau and Sylvia Earle and Quint and Nemo all refer to that shrimp as a candy cane shrimp!

And Jenny, PRIMACY is the learning law that states that what you learn first is the thing that you learn best... even if it is wrong. Thus the importance of flogging those MOF types early in their dive careers so they don't develop those bad habits.

MB

Banded Cleaner Shrimp and Barber Shrimp are other names I have come across for this Stenopus species

I will have my waterproof copy of the Pope's Latin name for all UW critters great and small under my arm for quick reference when I come to dive at BHB in just over a week .... won't need a weight belt

If there's a Japanese restaurant in the locality you can surely find Stenopus tempura close by

Oh Brutha Phulschitt will love you!

Barber Shrimp? Oh no, you mean Barber POLE shrimp! Does your quick reference guide have Latin names for detritus that Sistah Jen-nee says a spell and turns in to "apparent" sea life?

Sistah Jen-nee gonna make me some new nudibranchs to picture :D

Any ideas on alternate parking for diving the bridge if Phil Foster lot is full? I usually avoid dives outside of very early morning weekends because of this issue but I'm missing LOTS of opportunities to dive.

As others have already mentioned, I have parked at the ocean mall down blue heron blvd by the beach and walked back after dropping my gear off with a buddy. The walk takes about 15 minutes. That particular day park entry was blocked by PBSO it was unbelievably packed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom