Blue Heron Bridge Trolls III

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LOL Jenny, I was told peppermint shrimp. SMH!
Problem is that there is actually a critter called a peppermint shrimp.. and it looks nothing like that!

I know, I know! LOL

There he is- thats the little guy. There were 3 or 4 of them scurrying around the tire just southwest of the beach by the little jungle gym thing. Cool looking critters. Peppermint Shrimp or Candycane shrimp is pretty apt.

When I first started diving, my buddy told me those are candycane shrimp. I still catch myself wanting to call them that.. Says a lot about learning something wrong, and trying to correct.
You mean its not??? Of course it is a candy cane shrimp. Rob - Don't let Jenny trick you in to thinking that all that sea life has to have a Latin name. I think Cousteau and Sylvia Earle and Quint and Nemo all refer to that shrimp as a candy cane shrimp!

And Jenny, PRIMACY is the learning law that states that what you learn first is the thing that you learn best... even if it is wrong. Thus the importance of flogging those MOF types early in their dive careers so they don't develop those bad habits.

Found a pocket-sized video camera at the bridge today. Right in front of the lifeguard station. Identify it and I'll get it back to you. Pictures are still in it.

Found a pocket-sized video camera at the bridge today. Right in front of the lifeguard station. Identify it and I'll get it back to you. Pictures are still in it.
It's a GoPro Hero 4 with pictures still in it! Where can I pick it up? :)

There he is- thats the little guy. There were 3 or 4 of them scurrying around the tire just southwest of the beach by the little jungle gym thing. Cool looking critters. Peppermint Shrimp or Candycane shrimp is pretty apt.
They are cleaners and I have heard that they will try to clean your hand if gently extended but I haven't tried

They are cleaners and I have heard that they will try to clean your hand if gently extended but I haven't tried
Cleaner shrimp will pick at your cuticles, and if you are brave enough, they will go into your mouth and clean as well.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom