Blue Heron Bridge Trolls III

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mario and I will be diving at the bridge tomorrow. We'll be wearing doubles (it's what we had to bring, so don't laugh at us too much) and will have two snorkelers with us. Stopping at Force E first to pick up a dive flag because we forgot to bring ours.

We've dove the bridge a few times, but do you have any advice for the snorkelers?

How much is a ticket?

$30. Don't ask me how I know! :cool2:

It was ok today. 10-15' viz. Lots of parking spots. The clouds and cooler weather must have scared off the beach people!

Mario and I will be diving at the bridge tomorrow. We'll be wearing doubles (it's what we had to bring, so don't laugh at us too much) and will have two snorkelers with us. Stopping at Force E first to pick up a dive flag because we forgot to bring ours.

We've dove the bridge a few times, but do you have any advice for the snorkelers?

Maybe rent two flags, and let the snorkelers take one?

Head straight out from the beach, swim until you get to the snorkel trail of limestone boulders. I like to start snorkeling straight out from the first bench you come to on the beach, then head west towards the taller bridge. On the way, there's a sunken motorboat that's a good size, and some shopping carts. Once you reach the sunken hammerhead statues, take a hard right and swim to the taller span, then swim around a few of the pilings as you make your way back to shore. I find that by then, most people who aren't swimming all the time are getting a little tired of all the floating and swimming and diving, and have seen a lot of cool stuff.

No problem to dive doubles at the Bridge, it's not uncommon to see technical divers doing drills there. Atleast, they try to look like they are doing drills when divers pass but as soon as they are alone, I bet they just look around at all the cool stuff like the rest of us. Though, I might have done a drills dive there a long time ago before I realized that it's just more fun to just have fun at BHB and save the drills for boring places.

Huh? They have a substation and a number of patrol boats at the location, what are you babbling about?...

I said "Riviera Beach Police",, Not Palm Beach County Sheriff. Riviera Beach Police have just one boat.

$30. Don't ask me how I know! :cool2:

It was ok today. 10-15' viz. Lots of parking spots. The clouds and cooler weather must have scared off the beach people!
My guess is that the ocean was diveable (at least down further south in Broward County) and people took advantage of the west winds. "Elephants walking" though out on the horizon.

Wellllll, with doubles you should be able to get in a nice long dive....ijs. :gas:

Will you be there today, Jim? I haven't seen you in ages!

Maybe rent two flags, and let the snorkelers take one?

Head straight out from the beach, swim until you get to the snorkel trail of limestone boulders. I like to start snorkeling straight out from the first bench you come to on the beach, then head west towards the taller bridge. On the way, there's a sunken motorboat that's a good size, and some shopping carts. Once you reach the sunken hammerhead statues, take a hard right and swim to the taller span, then swim around a few of the pilings as you make your way back to shore. I find that by then, most people who aren't swimming all the time are getting a little tired of all the floating and swimming and diving, and have seen a lot of cool stuff.

No problem to dive doubles at the Bridge, it's not uncommon to see technical divers doing drills there. Atleast, they try to look like they are doing drills when divers pass but as soon as they are alone, I bet they just look around at all the cool stuff like the rest of us. Though, I might have done a drills dive there a long time ago before I realized that it's just more fun to just have fun at BHB and save the drills for boring places.

Thanks for the tips, JahJah! I hadn't thought of renting two flags, but it makes more sense than having one that we carry and have the snorkelers follow, which was what I had planned.

If the snorkelers stay in the swim area, they don't need a flag. Heck, they go all over the place flagless. Us divers are not so lucky..

Tomorrow high tide is at 4:36 and sunset at 5:41. Does that leave enough time for a dive? Do you have to be out of the park right at sunset?

Thanks Jenny. Will you be out this week? Did I read somewhere that you have a cold?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom