Blue Heron Bridge Trolls III

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There yesterday 1/9. 134 minutes @ 77F 30-40' vis. Finally got my seahorse - heard others found a few more along with some octopus.

IMG_0345.JPG IMG_0324.JPG IMG_0291.JPG

My brother and I are gonna be in town the weekend of the 19th. We'll have time for about 1 dive. I dove the BHB several years ago with the help of someone on this BB. Like to do it again. Since it's only one dive, I'm not planning to drag gear all the way from SoCal. Can someone recommend a good place to rent equipment? Also, if anyone want to show us around the dive site on that Saturday, I can offer lunch and a beer as payment. We're both experienced divers with a few hundred dives between us, so you'd be a tour guide, not a babysitter. Thanks in advance for any help.

Edit - just realized high tide is 6:30-ish am or pm next Sat, so lunch could be breakfast or a beer after an evening dive. Or, maybe 5:30 pm high tide on Friday?

Pura Vida Divers is a few hundred yards away from BHB. They are offering a guided night dive on the 19th. Cost is $15.00. They will be able to rent you anything that you need. (Well, maybe not lights so you might want to bring your own.) I've used that shop for years and can recommend their services wholeheartedly.

There yesterday 1/9. 134 minutes @ 77F 30-40' vis. Finally got my seahorse - heard others found a few more along with some octopus.

View attachment 498426 View attachment 498427 View attachment 498428
Beautiful shot of the juvi highhat! And congrats on finding the seahorse. THANK YOU (seriously) for cropping that image tight. In the past there were collectors who lurked on these pages for intel on the whereabouts of critters.

Dived today. I froze, but, I am always cold, not not surprising. 75° (pretty warm for this time of year) 129 min. Saw at least 5 octopus, 4 pike blennies, a lancer dragonet, searobin, shortnose batfish.. or was it a polkadot? LOL Viz was in the 50 ft range of beautiful blue.

Beautiful shot of the juvi highhat! And congrats on finding the seahorse. THANK YOU (seriously) for cropping that image tight. In the past there were collectors who lurked on these pages for intel on the whereabouts of critters.

Dived today. I froze, but, I am always cold, not not surprising. 75° (pretty warm for this time of year) 129 min. Saw at least 5 octopus, 4 pike blennies, a lancer dragonet, searobin, shortnose batfish.. or was it a polkadot? LOL Viz was in the 50 ft range of beautiful blue.

Was great diving with you! Hopefully a bit warmer topside today.

Glad it was a bit warmer today. I don't know if it was switching out the beanie for a hood, or the air temp, or both, but so much better than yesterday!
Again, viz in the 40-50 ft range. Blue. Gorgeous. Lots of divers today. And of course the mandatory instructor and student doing skills who HAVE to be right were there was photography going on. WTH...grrrhh...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom