Blue Heron Bridge Trolls III

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Went to the bridge for diving yesterday. Arrived at 1040 for a 1323 high tide. The park was not crowded. Went and did the trail on snorkel. The little Green Sea turtle, was in the exact same spot as Wednesday! I spent time capturing images and video of her, and moved on. Completed a REEF fish survey of 51 species in 50 minutes, the Green Sea Turtle is reportable on REEF survey, so it counts as a species even though it is not a fish. Visibility was 40ft with a sea temp of 84f. There was less of a fresh water layer on top, than on Wednesday.

Finished snorkeling and returned to my truck. The park was filling quickly. Donned scuba and entered the westside. Used the familiar pattern of a swim by of the west end of the snorkel trail, then to the rib boat, then to the overturned boat further west, through no man's land, to the slope, follow the curve of the slope all the way to the southside of channel pilings, tie off the flag, do the westside of the wall, head to the north end of the channel piling, double back do the eastside of the wall, retrieve the flag, meander back east through the bridge pilings, and exit at the furthest west part of the beach, takes anywhere from 120 to 165 minutes. Time is dependent on what else I have to do that day, and what I find that piques my interest. Yesterday it was 120 minutes, when I exited the water the park was completely crowded, even more so than on a weekend. On the weekend Sheriff's will not cars park in the trailer spaces in the middle row (only enforced on weekends), yesterday the middle row trailer spaces were filled with cars. I wonder how much the crowds would be affected if parking for cars was not free. Say $3/hour like it is in LBTS?

Some might recall that I left two shells about a month ago for a hermit crab without a home. Two weeks ago I found one of the shells occupied near the rubble pile under the pier. Yesterday I found the other shell occupied near the over turned boat. Do not think it was the hermit crab the shell was originally intended for. Did a REEF survey of 68 species, did not observe anything out of the ordinary. The Green Sea Turtle again was the highlight of the day. Respectively, Tiger Goby, Twospot Cardinalfish, Gray Angelfish, Green Sea Turtle, and shell I left a month ago with writing on it.
06-26-24 Tiger Goby.JPEG
06-26-24 Twospot Cardinal.JPEG
06-27-24 Gray Angel.JPEG
06-27-24 Green Turtle2.JPEG
SportDiver_20240627_124553.JPEG

I got my highlights video together, so wanted to share it with y'all. I wasn't thrilled with a lot of the footage I shot, so I decided to have some fun and play with alternate ways of editing the video. I ended up using iMovie on my iPad, and it's "magic movie" feature. It was pretty cool, much quicker and easier than my typical routine of using Final Cut Pro on my Mac (though there is less manual control). Hope you enjoy the short video!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom