Blue Heron Bridge Trolls III

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Though using welk shells by crabs is not uncommon, this could be one of those I've left back in September.

pea soup with a chance of rain

pea soup with a chance of rain
They also opened the S-155 WPB Okee flood gate today. Okee is at 16ft and 17ft is flood level with about another foot of rain total expected. It maybe mid next week until the Army closes the gate. But next week we have strong east winds combined with a strong 2knot gulf stream and that should push in the deep blue water. This sucks, I really want to get back out diving because the migration is happening now.

They also opened the S-155 WPB Okee flood gate today. Okee is at 16ft and 17ft is flood level with about another foot of rain total expected. It maybe mid next week until the Army closes the gate. But next week we have strong east winds combined with a strong 2knot gulf stream and that should push in the deep blue water. This sucks, I really want to get back out diving because the migration is happening now.
Thanks for the intell on the lake drainage.

Which migration is currently happening?

Which migration?

Yesterday we got word one of the ships data-logged 74 degree temps at 28foot keel which is right on schedule for November. That means we'll see all the sharks, rays and the annual whalesharks in WPB-Governors Riverwalk like past years. It's all about the temps when stuff comes swimming right thru our backyard!!

Yesterday we got word one of the ships data-logged 74 degree temps at 28foot keel which is right on schedule for November. That means we'll see all the sharks, rays and the annual whalesharks in WPB-Governors Riverwalk like past years. It's all about the temps when stuff comes swimming right thru our backyard!!
Thank you. I was unaware of the whale sharks.

Went to the bridge for diving on Saturday and Sunday. Saturday the visibility was 20ft, and sea temp 80f, with an uncrowded park. Sunday, the visibility was zero, the park was more crowded and I decided against diving. On Saturday I snorkeled the trail before scuba. Did a REEF survey of 50 species in 55 minutes. I guess do due to the weather, there were not many people at the park, and so while snorkeling I was the only person in the water. After snorkeling I did the west side on scuba. Did a REEF survey of 65 species in 65 minutes. Today high tide is at 13:47, I will check the underwater cam at Manatee Lagoon before I make a decision on going to the bridge today. Respectively, Black Grouper, Flying Gurnard, Mutton Snapper, Spotted Moray, and Spotted Scorpionfish

11-18-23 Black Grouper.jpg
11-18-23 Flying.jpg
11-18-23 Mutton Snapper.jpeg
11-18-23 Spotted Moray.jpg
11-18-23 Spotted Scorpion.jpg

We did end up getting in the water on Sunday since we were heading back from Key Largo to north Florida and the tides worked out. It was our first visit so we were bound and determined. Viz was pretty awful trying to do the trail. Did manage to see a monster pufferfish in one of the structures on the snorkel trail. Things got better when we got under the bridge. The pillars made it easier to navigate and it just felt like a lower visibility night dive. Some giant sea stars and big schools of spadefish that came out of the darkness made it worth it for us. Would love to come back when buddies don't have to be shoulder to shoulder to see each other.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom