Blue Heron Bridge Trolls III

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Attachments

• P3080230.JPG
    P3080230.JPG
    40 KB · Views: 42
@Pipehorse
Saw this critter too.. second time I've seen one recently.. two different locations

Attachments

• P3080362.JPG
    P3080362.JPG
    124.2 KB · Views: 46
My understanding is that the beach is closed sunset to sunrise, not the parking lot. The only towing I've seen/heard of is if you park in the boat trailer parking.
My understanding was exactly the opposite. Boat trailer parking is not to exceed 24hrs, but as far as I know, overnight parking of boat trailers is OK. A lot of guys go out to catch the night bite, for certain types of snapper, certain bait fish, etc.

It was my understanding that the beach & fishing pier were only to be used dawn to dusk, & the same was true of the parking that is associated with them. That does leave a gray area. Certain boats go out of there with more guys than the tow vehicle can carry, so you sometimes get a truck with a trailer and a crew car that have to park for a night time fishing trip.

The local scuba shops sometimes have organized night dives, which have involved getting a night permit. I believe that the night permit covers parking as well as beach access for diving, but others are probably more well informed about that than I am.

Actually, I just reread your post. If you are saying that parking a car with no trailer in the trailer area will get you towed, that is true. Sorry of I misread that the first time around.

Actually, I just reread your post. If you are saying that parking a car with no trailer in the trailer area will get you towed, that is true. Sorry of I misread that the first time around.

Yeah, that's what I was saying, you will get ticketed and towed parking a car in the boat trailer parking. The parking lot itself doesn't have posted hours. The beach, playground, and fishing pier do. There's a 24 hour limit on parking.

From the county website: Parks & Recreation - Phil-Foster

HOURS
  • beach and playground: Sunrise-Sunset
  • boat ramps: 24-hour Boat Trailer Parking Permit Required ($10 daily permit available onsite)
    • 24-hour ramp access and parking available, boat trailer and tow vehicle parking permitted (24-hour period maximum). Boaters requiring more extended stay periods must utilize alternate parking location.
  • fishing pier: Sunrise - 10:00 pm
PARKING
Due to site constraints, there are a limited amount of spaces available in the park including 127 boat/trailer parking spaces and 206 regular parking spaces. Boat/trailer parking spaces are reserved for the exclusive use of tow vehicles with boat trailers. Vehicles not towing a trailer are required to use the regular parking spaces. Trailers are not permitted to be parked in the regular parking spaces.​
  • After hours parking
    24-hour ramp access and parking available, boat trailer and tow vehicle parking permitted (24-hour period maximum). Boaters requiring more extended stay periods must utilize alternate parking location.

I thought it was 6:30. Thank you

This was today I think.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1679359398125.jpg
    FB_IMG_1679359398125.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 34
  • FB_IMG_1679359401560.jpg
    FB_IMG_1679359401560.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 42
  • FB_IMG_1679359411268.jpg
    FB_IMG_1679359411268.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 27
  • FB_IMG_1679359404731.jpg
    FB_IMG_1679359404731.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 27
I was at the physical meeting tonight at the marine center on 13th street. The contractor said that the fence would go up Thursday & closure would start Saturday. it looks like the closure got an earlier start.

The meeting was fairly well attended. Organization was imperfect. The local dive operators were vocal. Constructive ideas were presented. A focused message of We Want Access For Diving was the core request. At this time, it appears uncertain how much accommodation will be made to the diving community.

I did not attend the virtual meeting. I am curious what was presented there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom