Blue Heron Bridge Trolls III

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

the dismay of a non diver who shouted his grieviences over his having to step around
Sounds nuts! I think I'm wearing this next time :)

1676260604079.png

Parking lot drama. Apparently a couple divers put there gear on the sidewalk much to the dismay of a non diver who shouted his grieviences over his having to step around. He continued while in the playground area and caught the attention of the (unarmed) park ranger who followed him from a safe distance. Eventually the guy left and could be heard spewing his wrath as he walked across the bridge.

As we left, driving down Blue Heron Blvd., we see a bunch of cop cars at a convience store. Must of been some fun as people had their cell phones out recording the incident. The guy previously at the bridge was the one being detained by the police.

He was clearly looking for a fight.
Between that guy yelling for what seemed like 30 minutes and the car alarm which kept going off over and over, it sure was noisy.

Not taking that guy's side as he sounds like he has issues. Also, it wasn't obvious in Jenny's post if the diver(s) actually did block the sidewalk. But taking the opportunity to reminder all of us that dive the Bridge, we need to make sure not to block the sidewalks or become nuisances in any way. We don't own the park and need to be good neighbors with the beachgoers, fisherman, snorkelers, paddleboarders, kayakers, boaters, and everyone else that uses this gem called Phil Foster Park. Just my 2 cents.

Not taking that guy's side as he sounds like he has issues. Also, it wasn't obvious in Jenny's post if the diver(s) actually did block the sidewalk. But taking the opportunity to reminder all of us that dive the Bridge, we need to make sure not to block the sidewalks or become nuisances in any way. We don't own the park and need to be good neighbors with the beachgoers, fisherman, snorkelers, paddleboarders, kayakers, boaters, and everyone else that uses this gem called Phil Foster Park. Just my 2 cents.
Thanks for the reminder to be curtious of others. Never hurts to take the high road.

Now, about that guy.. he was probably on some sort of mind altering substance, intentionally stepped on the divers equipment (!!!), and was causing a scene. There was no doubt at any time of his location...

Thanks for the reminder to be curtious of others. Never hurts to take the high road.

Now, about that guy.. he was probably on some sort of mind altering substance, intentionally stepped on the divers equipment (!!!), and was causing a scene. There was no doubt at any time of his location...

Sounds like quite the experience. I've seen "characters" at the park many times. Nothing this extreme though! Definitely need to remain observant there. I'm glad things didn't escalate at the park, as they clearly did later, and that no one was hurt.

Sounds like quite the experience. I've seen "characters" at the park many times. Nothing this extreme though! Definitely need to remain observant there. I'm glad things didn't escalate at the park, as they clearly did later, and that no one was hurt.
That and it wasn't the sidewalk by the beach, it was the 2nd row parking sidewalk across the street from the restrooms on the west side. Granted, they should still be considerate of others and not completely take over the sidewalk with their equipment. On the other hand, that guy was blowing it waaaaaay out of proportion. He was screaming that black people walk here, and that sort of rhetoric, rather than focusing on the issue, the sidewalk was blocked. It was uncomfortable for all and the park ranger quietly walking behind the guy didn't put anyone at ease, I think he was afraid of directly engaging him. I saw the park ranger talking into his radio, so maybe he had the police on standby. Luckily the man left the park and continued his screaming from the top of the bridge.

Screamiing guy also outweighed the park ranger by 50 lbs! Ranger has probably been trained not to engage and to just summon the police if needed.

In other news, I hear the water temp dropped overnight a couple degrees!!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom