Blue Heron Bridge Trolls III

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Any recommendations on a private dive guide? I’ve been to the bridge a few times but would like to have a local show me around this time. Bonus points if they can guide me on other shore dives in the area.
Message Scuba Jenny here on Scubaboard.

Any recommendations on a private dive guide? I’ve been to the bridge a few times but would like to have a local show me around this time. Bonus points if they can guide me on other shore dives in the area.
I am going to offer guide services for BHB soon, as well as LBTS, in the meantime try @Scuba_Jenny.

Aren't the manatees supposed to stay in the rivers during winter time?
The Manatees are attracted to the warm water discharge from the power plant in the the Port of Palm Beach, just south of BHB. So January is a good month to see them at BHB because they traverse the area often. However, I have seen Manatee at BHB in June, July, and August. Also Florida Power and Light has a venue called Manatee Lagoon right near the power plant, I believe it is free of charge. Manatee Lagoon

I am going to offer guide services for BHB soon, as well as LBTS, in the meantime try @Scuba_Jenny.

The Manatees are attracted to the warm water discharge from the power plant in the the Port of Palm Beach, just south of BHB. So January is a good month to seem them at BHB because they traverse the area often. However, I have seen Manatee at BHB in June, July, and August. Also Florida Power and Light has a venue called Manatee Lagoon right near the power plant, I believe it is free of charge. Manatee Lagoon
Thanks! I've seen them in the summertime nearby BHB, but did not know about the power plant.

.. but did not know about the power plant.
The online live underwater Manatee Cam can also give you a pretty good guess at how the Visibility is at BHB since they are close by. If you look at the cam right now, it's GREAT viz, but also so warm at 75degrees most of the cows have left to forage for food but will be back soon.

The online live underwater Manatee Cam can also give you a pretty good guess at how the Visibility is at BHB since they are close by. If you look at the cam right now, it's GREAT viz, but also so warm at 75degrees most of the cows have left to forage for food but will be back soon.

Awesome!

Message Scuba Jenny here on Scubaboard.
@Wicket
@Scuba_Jenny is great !.,,, my son and I met her over 2022 summer and went diving BHB. She knows where to look for critters , it is the first time we saw a bumble bee shrimp and a frog fish... highly recommend :thumb:, and by the way, be ready to spend 2+ hours in a one air tank dive.

96B58C82-DD86-4AE4-8597-38B7E75A833C.jpeg

@Pipehorse @Divin'Papaw @Scuba_Jenny @Lostdiver71 + and others using TG-6

- Use HD Macro Lenses in your setup? +1, +2, +3, +4 ?
- Use a Coated HD Digital filter? UV, Polarized, Fluorescent ?
- Use gradual filter color kit? Orange, Yellow, Blue, Purple, Red, Grey ?

Thank you for your input and feedback

qq for the thread, Pacific NW diver here, but diving BHB in early March. What's the typical wetsuit thickness folks use at that time of year? I dive HI in a 5mm, but also Key Largo in OCT with 3/2.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom