Blue Heron Bridge - History Dive - 12-13-09

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I want to see them too, despite half a dozen dives there, I've not seen them!

Awesome dive! Thanks Jim for setting this up, thanks Debby for driving. It was nice being a passenger and the ride seems so much shorter when there is good conversation. The hot chocolate was really yummy too!

Big thrill was seeing the southern stargazer.. two of them! Oh, love was in water. Just ask the crabs!

Indeed, Jenny and I saw horseshoe crab pron. :shocked2:

What a FANTASTIC dive, unbelieveable, I saw more weird and rare sea critters in an hour than I've seen in the last 200 dives (and that includes a week liveaboard in Cay Sal!) Thanks to Jim for setting this up and thanks to Jenny for buddying up and pointing out some really weird, bizarre stuff! I'll never forget the first stargazer. He buzzed us, then buried himself in the sand. Simply amazing.

Thanks again for such a great day. Krista, you are a fantastic lead and I appreciate from the bottom of my heart the tour of the bridge area and showing us the seahorse. I am a happy girl and can go back to Chicago with a smile on my face.

The images that I have in my head should sustain me a few months at home until I can dive again.

The best shot that I got of the seahorse is attached. Thanks again.

Attachments

• BHB_0041.JPG
    BHB_0041.JPG
    119.7 KB · Views: 43
Very nice shot of the seahorse, Luckydays!

Thanks to everyone who made it out for the picnic and the dive. I had a great time! And... I will do it again in the future (a little more time to put it together will allow a lot more people to attend).

I used two lights on the dive. I used my focus light and my Intova to see in multiple directions at once.

There was one time when I was setup for a Pike Blenny and a small Stargazer almost swam into my arm. I trained my second light on it and it buried itself at arms length. I kept the light on that spot and kept shooting the blenny. Coming toward me there appeared to be lights of traffic moving in my direction. I'm not sure who the photographer was but I waved her in and tickled the stargazer out of the sand... To my amazement she just watched it slowly swim away without taking a shot (Oops!)

At the start of the dive, I took a couple divers over to where the yellow seahorse has been spotted recently. We didn't find it at that time and went about our dives. Toward the end of the dive I was working my way back to that area and I guess the guys had the same idea. They came over to me excited and took me back to where the seahorse was now perched... Good job!

Here are some shots I took last night:

eggs0912132.jpg

pikeblenny0912131.jpg

KBeck liked the composition of this one...
yellowseahorse0912131.jpg

searobin0912133.jpg

moonjelly0912131.jpg

My GF didn't bother taking pictures of the stargazer as she was using the 105VR lens....she was much more interested in the pike blenny, something we haven't seen before.

My GF didn't bother taking pictures of the stargazer as she was using the 105VR lens....she was much more interested in the pike blenny, something we haven't seen before.
Now THAT makes sense!

I sometimes forget the fact that not everyone can change lenses during a dive. That ends my wondering, thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom