Blue Heron Bridge - History Dive - 12-13-09

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, the fishing pier is open until 10 pm, right? So if we simply park there, we are ok.

I'm thinking that even if I can't get there in time to dive, I could bring my Coleman stove and make some liquid Mounds. :eyebrow:

Liquid Mounds = hot chocolate and Malibu!

Well, the park is open until 8 or something like that, right? So if we simply park there, we are ok.

I'm thinking that even if I can't get there in time to dive, I could bring my Coleman stove and make some liquid Mounds. :eyebrow:

Liquid Mounds = hot chocolate and Malibu!

Park is open till 10pm. Beach is only open till sunset.

It sounds like they don't have the right to tow until 10 p.m. then.

It sounds like they don't have the right to tow until 10 p.m. then.

beach and playground: sunrise-sunset
boat ramps: 24 hours Boat Trailer Parking Permit
fishing pier: sunrise - 10:00 pm

VAGRANCY
Phil Foster Park is open for public use from sunrise to sunset with the exception of the boat ramps that are open to the public 24-Hours a day. After hours, the only patrons permitted in the park are those launching or retrieving their vessel from the boat ramps. All others in the park after hours will be considered trespassing and subject to enforcement action.

What about registering with Force E? Don't they need everybody's plate numbers to give the list to the authorities, so those cars aren't towed?
OK, here's how the park works...

Beach and play ground close at sunset
Park closes at 10 PM (not one minute later)
Boat ramps are 24 hours
----

OK, here's how the permit with ForceE works...

Cost was $100 flat rate for our group to receive a permit for night dive
(liability insurance is required by the city so...) All divers will need to stop at ForceE and sign a waiver and receive your night dive parking pass and be covered by ForceE's liability insurance. Non-divers do not need to register at ForceE

NOTE: I believe that I am the first (non-ForceE event request) to seek a permit for their private group. ForceE started at $ 10 per diver and graciously called me back the next day and gave me the flat rate amount for the group. I would like to do this right so other private groups will be able to take advantage of night dives at the bridge
----

I hope that clears park and dive proceedures

Well then, if I can't get to Force E on time, I won't be able to dive.

As much as I really, really want to make this dive, I really have to take that cutie patootie to the adoption fair.

I'll just have to play it by ear.

We have 10 committed for the picnic, 11 committed for the dive and 2 tentative... Looking good for Sunday picnic and dive!

Here's where we are:

Picnic:
CoolTech (Jim) - Charcoal, Burgers and a pack of hotdogs
KBeck (Krista) - fixins, buns, plates, napkins, etc (much leftover from the tgiving party)
Luckydays + 4 guests - ?
tibenmiami - ?
wussdiver - ?
in10se - ?

We're looking for drinks, chips and other pot luck items (chix breast, brats if you'd rather eat those, beans... or, some other item you want to donate to the picnic)

I am going to be out there around 10:30 AM to start charcoal. It should be ready to cook between 11:30-12:00 (That's when the picnic starts)

Diving:
CoolTech
Luckydays + 4 guests
djtimmy + 2 guests
wussdiver
tibenmiami
in10se

(That's 11 divers, so the cost to dive will be about $9 for each of us. If more join the cost is less)

High tide: 05:49PM (many of us will enter the water 1 hour before high tide and dive close to 2 hours - not everyone will do this, but some will)

Tentative (or have not actually committed yet)
DebbyDiver -
ScubaJenny -

Some of the guys at ForceE might stop by for the picnic and the dive. They were talking about getting away from the shop in shifts to have some fun with us
----

OK, here's how the park works...

Beach and play ground close at sunset
Park closes at 10 PM (not one minute later)
Boat ramps are 24 hours
----

OK, here's how the permit with ForceE works...

Cost was $100 flat rate for our group to receive a permit for night dive
(liability insurance is required by the city so...) All divers will need to stop at ForceE and sign a waiver and receive your night dive parking pass and be covered by ForceE's liability insurance. Non-divers do not need to register at ForceE

NOTE: I believe that I am the first (non-ForceE event request) to seek a permit for a private group. ForceE started at $10 per diver and graciously called me back the next day and gave me the flat rate amount for the group. I would like to do this right so other private groups will be able to take advantage of night dives at the bridge

I know for a fact that other private groups have gotten permits with Force-E....I have been on some of those dives.

Cool Tech, what time are you getting in the water? We want to make sure that we get you the $$. Also, we'll be arriving in a maroon dodge dakota truck, and a bluish G6.

Tim

I know for a fact that other private groups have gotten permits with Force-E....I have been on some of those dives.

Cool Tech, what time are you getting in the water? We want to make sure that we get you the $$. Also, we'll be arriving in a maroon dodge dakota truck, and a bluish G6.

Tim
OK, then we just got a great price for the permit... even better!

High tide: 05:49PM (many of us will enter the water 1 hour before high tide and dive close to 2 hours - not everyone will do this, but some will)

WOO HOO now I think that JD is adopted...which means I can make this after all maybe. Fingers and paws crossed!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom