Blue Angel Resort versus Scuba Club Cozumel... Better 'house' beach?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Onewolf

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My wife and I are planning a 7 day trip to Cozumel for late July or early August. It will be our first dive trip to Cozumel. Right now it appears that Blue Angel Resort and Scuba Club Cozumel are our top choices. I was wondering if there's a concensus on which of these two has the 'better' house SHORE DIVING? Are there any other DIVE resorts that have good 'house' SHORE DIVING that we should consider?

Thanks in advance for any opinions, recommendations, comments, etc.

Doug

Last edited:
My wife and I are planning a 7 day trip to Cozumel for late July or early August. It will be our first dive trip to Cozumel. Right now it appears that Blue Angel Resort and Scuba Club Cozumel are our top choices. I was wondering if there's a concensus on which of these two has the 'better' house beach? Are there any other DIVE resorts that have good house beaches that we should consider?

Thanks in advance for any opinions, recommendations, comments, etc.

Doug
Actually, neither has a beach; the water's edge is rock at both resorts. Here's a webcam at SCC: Scuba Club Cozumel Dive Resort - Cozumel, Mexico

The area between the gazebo and the water is sand, but it's not really a beach. Blue Angel has a similar area, though smaller, but the hotel is much smaller, too.

I should rephrase my original question because I can see it was phrased extremely poorly. We don't give a rat's butt about the 'house' beach, we are interested in the 'house' shore diving. :)

Is there a significant advantage one way or another between the shore diving at either of these two resorts?

I have been to SCC twice and liked the shore diving. I am at BA right now and tried the shore diving last night and it was also very good, so either one. Last night we saw an octopus, squid, large eel 3', trumpetfish, highhat, very large hermit crab.

The exit at BA was a little more challenging but managable. The stingray pen next to BA provides easy navigation, just follow the fence out and back. Along the fence there are numerous critters, including most of the ones above. We saw a comparable group of critters at SCC. Night is better at both IMO.

I have been to both. my vote is for Blue angle. not so much for the shore diving b/c both have about the same in my opinion. mine is more based on everything they both have to offer. IMHO you don't get any better than Blue Angel!

there is nothing like sitting in the little "restraunt" above the dive shop sipping margaretas and eating quasidillo (SPELLING!) after a dive trip talking to eveyrone on the boat and hanging out with the DMs.

I have been to SCC once and BA probalby 10 times now. if I would have gone to BA first I would have had no reason to go stay anywhere else on the island.

Considering SCC and Blue Angel also. What is the menu like at at BA they now include breakfast and lunch? Much seafood on the menu and waht are the drink prices like?

Thanks

I should rephrase my original question because I can see it was phrased extremely poorly. We don't give a rat's butt about the 'house' beach, we are interested in the 'house' shore diving. :)

Is there a significant advantage one way or another between the shore diving at either of these two resorts?

Hi Onewolf,
Having just returned from SCC last month, I can tell you that we thought the shore diving was the best dives we did all week. Check out our pictures and trip report here:
Cozumel and the Yucatan Trip Report, March 2009
The main reason we went to Coz and SCC was so Ron could try out his new Dslr camera rig. The shore diving there was FANTASTIC for that reason alone. We were able to do 1-2 dives per day there, in 20-25' deep water, with tons of critters to shoot. Since you are a photographer, too, I know you know what I mean. :eyebrow: Critter heaven!
The resort is nice, the food okay, the dive op okay, the shore diving AWESOME!

robin:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom