Blue Angel, Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I tried to get a room for Jan 9 - 16 and the place is already fully booked. I guess alot of people are not bothered by the noise.

Thanks everyone! I now feel it won't be an issue - I'll do the white noise thing it I need to.

Thanks for all the responses!

My wife has an acute sensitivity to noise, but according to her: "I didn't have to worry about the road noise, the air conditioning unit drowned it out."

Enjoy!

My wife has an acute sensitivity to noise, but according to her: "I didn't have to worry about the road noise, the air conditioning unit drowned it out."

was that before they upgraded to the new AC units?

The new AC units are very quiet and have a nice remote, but still I think they would drown out any road noise. they can cool a room down in a matter of minutes. I only used the AC at the BA for a couple of hours in the afternoon during my post dive/lunch "siesta".
Never heard the morning "clanging of the tanks" as I was always up at sunrise and went for a long bike ride before breakfast/diving.

Last edited:
was that before they upgraded to the new AC units?
It was December of last year.
Yeah, the newer ones are quiet enough but do give off a little bit of white noise. I think any dedicated room AC will, but they're pleasant enough I think. Love the remote controls. I just have to do the calculations to convert C to F so I don't wake up in the night freezing.

Such spacious rooms all with channel views. We set up a nice wet bar with our private drinking water supply. :eyebrow:

Click for larger

BA - 2.JPG BA - 3.JPG BA - 5.JPG BA - 6.JPG BA - 8.JPG
The pic showing buildings on the other side was a zoom shot. You can't see them that well.

No they don't furnish coffee makers. I took one but you can pick one up at MEGA. I always give it to an employee when I leave.

Love the sound of unloading tanks. That means it's time to grab a cup of coffee and go watch the crabs fight on the rock wall under the palapas.

Love the sound of unloading tanks. That means it's time to grab a cup of coffee and go watch the crabs fight on the rock wall under the palapas.
Yo tambien. I'm usually up in a hammock reading by that time. I love getting up with the dawn and watching the island wake up. Here in the States I'm a night owl. Go figure.

Well hell, now that you mention it - don't guess they do, unless you request one. They do try to honor requests. Don't trust their old luggage scales tho. I got an electronic scale in today from Hong Kong for $4.78 with postage. Hmm, got a new toy I haven't played with yet. :silly:

Don - thanks for the tip. I just ordered one of the portable scales too.
Harry

Don - thanks for the tip. I just ordered one of the portable scales too.
Harry
It's a spiffy little $5 gadget. I think you'll want a small bungee cord or similar with hooks on the ends to loop thru the bag handles as the hook on this one is a bit small. It may take over 3 weeks coming from Hong Kong in December but those suppliers have been very impressive about keeping customers happy and Positive Reps on ebay. I never have any idea what my bags weigh until on the scales but these seem accurate. Well, I've tested at 1-1/2 pounds and 36 pounds anyway. :thumb:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom