Blast from the past #2, 1974

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Original exhaust mushrooms didn’t last longView attachment 863607
This one is crispy, the newer ones lasted longer
View attachment 863608

That mushroom looks as crispy as some of the diaphragm covers I have seen.

IMG_1123.jpeg

The last diagram in this post has a 109 with a “larger exhaust valve“ … Do you recall which year that was?
I believe they were talking about the 108 which originally had a double mushroom type of exhaust.

i regret gifting my 109's. sigh.

The CE approved 156 BA has a 30mm exhaust valve vs the 26mm of the 109.

A 109 top and a CE 156 on bottom:

Man you must unscrew and screw the clamp screws from those regs a lot for all these threads

Man you must unscrew and screw the clamp screws from those regs a lot for all these threads

Nah, just once. I took pics last service. The hat pin in the 109 is just for tuning. I do not use them much anymore but for freshwater. Much prefer the G250/G260. The 156 was given me by Couv, it was his personal regulator so it gets dived for special occasions only. The 109 was given me by a shop I worked for in the day so as to use the equipment they stocked. I did not, phooey, I preferred the 1085 then and mostly still do over the 109.

The G250 is lighter in the water, has a better Venturi, has the VIVA control and IMO is more rugged and less maintenance. Couv made me promise I would always take the 156 down and clean it including removing the mouthpiece after diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom