blacktip > is the warranty any good ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well... I "know" what's wrong with it. The top bearing isn't good and needs to be changed.

I would be ok if they just sent it over and I would change it, but since they are behaving so wrong, I won't let them get away with it.

Their reseller in Europe must take care of the 2 years warranty, including any shipment fees. So I will drop it in the shop I bought it from next time I go and that will be it.

Draw back is : I will have to do without a few month

Are they really that complicated inside that a local appliance technician couldn't take a look at the circuit boards for any potential electrical issues? Was always under the assumption the DPV was pretty straight forward inside, the sealing from the pressure being the complicated bit from an engineering standpoint.

I get that you wanna use warranty. For me I like to mod / improve things. Where I live in Indonesia, warranty probably wouldn't be worth the hassle anyway (import duties etc.)

They are not that complicated and unless your fabricating parts can be repaired with common hand tools.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom