BlackTip Batteries

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

althought, as an e-bike, this shouldn't be an issue..but just to be safe, you might want to check the current rating of the battery to make sure it's fine(again, I can't imagine a 20Ah pack not being able to handle max 24Ah..but better safe then sorry)
Also, how about the weight etc? I saw on the facebook group for divex, Jerry built a custom battery including holder for the BT

It's ok for the weight (about 3 kg) and the pack will fit in the tube (200mm x 120mm x 70mm).
In addition, the battery can deliver 30 amps continuously.

Well, then go for it. Worth a try

My understanding is they physically won't fit in the hole. Even the 9Ah can be a bit tricky to install. More than one person has left a blood stain trying to install the 9 Ah batteries.

The 9 Ah and 12 Ah are the same size/weight. They are a tight fit but they go in. The 15 Ah is something like 2 lbs. heavier per battery, and I'm almost certain it was verified that it was bigger.

My DIY batteries built on 21700’s are both more powerful and lighter then the dewalts so have to stock wheel weights to the batteries to match the original weight. But they work great

Interesting. It looked from the website that they were "more compact". Though not surprised by the weight difference :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom