Blacktip batteries and flying

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

markcic

Registered
Reaction score
I’m not sure if this has been answered somewhere else and if it has please point me to the post/thread.

I picked up a Blacktip Tech and I’m headed to Bikini next month. I’m not sure which batteries I can fly with. The 12ah (not DeWalt) seems to be over the limit to bring since it doesn’t have a cut off. On the way out, if TSA in HNL won’t let me fly them, I can’t use the scooter in Bikini and I’m out the cost of the batteries. On the way back, if TSA in KWA or HNL won’t let me fly them, I’m out the cost of the batteries.

What have been people experience with the TSA and what batteries are you using to fly with?

Buy the dewalts, make sure the cap is in place and keep the document saying they're under teh limit with teh cap in place printed out with them.

If you're really worried, buy the 6ah(?) that are under the limit anyway.

I've flown with the 12Ahs and not had a problem. As others have said, make sure you have the red cap, print out all the documentation, and give yourself 30 extra minutes in the airport so that you can have an argument with TSA without missing your flight.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom