Black Mask Skirt

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

They say that once you've had black, you'll never go back ... mask skirt that is :wink:

PerroneFord:
I can confim this.

:D

Perrone, do you know anything about the history of the black mask skirt in cave country ? Did it gain popularity due to the use of powerful lighting in tight quarters ?

I really don't know about the history. But I do know it keeps those fools with no light control and 21w HIDs, from blinding me all the time.

Fish_Whisperer:
Everyone appreciates the sacrifices you make... :D

(Keep telling yourself that!) :eyebrow: :rofl3:

I wonder if I could deduct the trip from my taxes?:D

For all the reasons already stated it is best to use a black skirt for yourself. However if you are a photographer, you want to put a mask with a clear skirt on your models. The extra light the skirt admits helps to illuminate the face in your photos.

I have used both and I prefer a black silicone. I think the vis in sunlight is better and the skirt will not turn yellow over time. I love my Cressi Big Eyes.

I too have switched to a black skirt for my main mask. I did it for the glare reduction. However I must say that I do miss the peripheral "sense" you get through a clear skirt of nearby divers or critters. You don't actually see them, but your eyes do pick up the motion you may otherwise miss. With a clear skirt I find myself looking less to keep track of buddies since you are just sort of aware of their nearness.

Dennis

Back
Top Bottom