Black Friday Sales

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So far I've been researching the Sealife Micro 3.0 mainly because I'm a simpleton and it's completely self contained so no housing or o-rings etc. I think it has some kind of color correction mode too but still reading up on it.
I was woefully disappointed in my SeaLife Micro 3.0...the pics were lousy no matter what I tried. I eventually sold it as basically it was useless to me. I ended up getting the SeaLife Sportdiver for the iPhone and I absolutely LOVE it...pics are GREAT for point and shoot

I was woefully disappointed in my SeaLife Micro 3.0...the pics were lousy no matter what I tried. I eventually sold it as basically it was useless to me. I ended up getting the SeaLife Sportdiver for the iPhone and I absolutely LOVE it...pics are GREAT for point and shoot
Thanks for the info.

Anyone heard of any good Black Friday sales for this year? I just need a few things but the one bigger ticket item I'd like to get is a dive camera.
I guess you want something better than the GoPro 10? They are now giving more accessories if you buy direct with a subscription.

Looks like Paralenz is running a deal for the Vaquita camera for $599. I like the form factor and color correction features but the reviews look horrible. Seems the thing does good at a distance but you can't focus on anything inside about 3 feet.

Had a look at Leisure Pro’s website. BF sales not very good. It’s the same thing with general US retailers. I’m reading online that the usual really good deals just aren’t there. The only thing I bought in the holiday sales was a pretty purple insulated Hydro Flask mug from REI.

Had a look at Leisure Pro’s website. BF sales not very good. It’s the same thing with general US retailers. I’m reading online that the usual really good deals just aren’t there. The only thing I bought in the holiday sales was a pretty purple insulated Hydro Flask mug from REI.

Agreed. First time looking at scuba gear this time of year, I've got my list of gear to get and not a single thing is on sale anywhere. Ah well, saves me money I guess.

*edit Amazon has the bcd I want on a GREAT price, IF I would fit into an XS. All the other sizes are regular price lol

I've been unimpressed with Black Friday for the past decade. It seems to be an attempt to blow out old models to make way for new ones. This year, there wasn't much old inventory to blow out. If you're expecting to get a hot selling item at a discount or get a $200 item for $50 as a doorbuster, forget it. Much of BF sales have evolved into online sales and the limited doorbuster concept doesn't apply so much.

If you can get 10% off on an item you want, you're doing well.

It’s the same thing with general US retailers. I’m reading online that the usual really good deals just aren’t there.
It think you hit on something here. Pre-pandemic, I got frequently e-mails offering me 20% off at O'Charley's, or some off at Logan's Roadhouse restaurant, and for months now I don't get those offers. I get e-mails from them hawking their food, or gift card offers, but not big discounts if I come eat there.

Between the widespread shutdowns (that really hurt the restaurant industry badly), the supply chain problems we've seen, inflation, difficulty getting adequate workforce in, reduced tourism business and expenses such as masks, testing, reduced allowed indoor capacity, etc..., I think the American economy (and I suspect elsewhere to varied extents) has hemorrhaged huge amounts of money. The cruise industry took an enormous hit.

That kind of business damage is going to come out in ways that affect us all. Fewer sales, smaller sales, I was afraid we'd end up with 'Gray Friday' or some such.

That said, I have seen some pretty good non-scuba deals. I cancelled and rebooked an excursion, soda package and Internet package (for 3) for a summer cruise and saved over $150, IIRC. Picked up some Apple Air Pod Pro.s a good deal cheaper.

If you have a Pelican case fetish like I do AirCases.com | Pelican Air Cases | Made in USA has 25% off everything, add it to your cart for the final discounted price.

I just picked up another 1626 for $209.22 with free shipping. Pelican 1626 Air Case not bad considering normal retail is $337.

You can also get a 1637 for $217.46 shipped, was almost temped to pick up another one of these too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom