Bitten the bullet

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hartl0602

Registered
Reaction score
Northern Illinois - round lake to be exact
# of dives
0 - 24
well after reading post after post, i have gone and done it...i signed up for my padi national geographics open water class with toucan dive in lake Villa. only problem now is i'm so juiced up that i'm going blOw between now and 15th of april when my classes start...

anyone know where i can find more study questions beyond my book?

thanks

sean hartl

You won't regret it! I was the same way during my waiting time to get certified.

A great resource I've been reading through is the PADI Encyclopedia of Recreational Diving. Not really applicable for study questions, but quite informative none the less, and a great page-turner, is Shadow Divers, by Robert Kurson.

Or the PADI Adventures In Diving book which is used for many specialties. It is putting the cart ahead of the horse but it never hurts to know before you go!

You can always go to the library and grab every book you can find on diving. Just for background. When I started diving, I bought and read through the BSAC manual before I signed up for the NAUI program. I also bought a couple of other books - just for reference. Still have them...

Or, you could go take a First Aid and CPR course (if you aren't certified) because you will need it for Rescue which comes right after AOW which comes right after OW. Might as well get it while you're not busy.

Richard

And that Adventures In Diving book will also be used for your AOW class

Richard

First
Scuba Diving by Dennis Graver (I think YMCA used it at one point in time)- your local library might have this one.
Second
Dennis Graver's 100 best scuba quizzes (this will keep you busy, lots of good stuff for the beginner and advanced.)

and if you are really anise
third
US Navy Diving manual (about 800 pages)
Google it you will find a PDF

First
Scuba Diving by Dennis Graver (I think YMCA used it at one point in time)- your local library might have this one.
Second
Dennis Graver's 100 best scuba quizzes (this will keep you busy, lots of good stuff for the beginner and advanced.)

and if you are really anise
third
US Navy Diving manual (about 800 pages)
Google it you will find a PDF

Very cool, i may need to pick those up, thanks

Sean

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom