Birth Control Experiences

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

After trying other choices, I now use the Ring. I love it. No discomfort, partner doesn't know it's even there, I basically insert it and forget about it till it's time to remove it 3 weeks later. No weight gain after almost a year of use, no side effects at all. Seems to be a good match for me.

I recently switched to the ring and LOVE it!!! I can't tell it's there at all....

Baby's aspirin!

Take one pill (the smaller the pill the better) and keep it pressed between your knees, it works wonders!:D

Yes I do have something to contribute other than an old yoke... My wife did not enjoy having and IUD. It made intercourse painful for her and therefore not enjoyable for me.

As you were, ladies!

LowViz - not sure why IUD caused pain for your wife... I've had several since 1990. Love it! No problems. Current versions are good up to 10 years. Did not have children before. While conventional wisdom was to wait until after kids, there are docs who will insert before. (Actually I didn't want children so future fertility issues were a nonissue.) I was also young - about 23 or 24 - but I did my research, felt confident in my decision, sat my obgyn down and discussed my case. At the end she agreed. Insertion is a bit painful, but a couple ibuprofen before and after take care of it. Cramping first couple months was the only side effect, but the intensity dimished as time went by. Potential issues include perforation of uterus, expulsion and fertility problems. I took the pill for probably 8 years before switching. Did not like the side effects of the pill - for me a serious loss of libido, and the potential longer term health issues. I truly think this is an underutilized option of birth control in the US, highly effective, low cost and you can't forget it! One caveat is you are supposed to be in a mongomous relationship.

Back
Top Bottom