biofin xt dimensions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hurlow8

Reaction score
Obviously I am new to the boards (and diving) and I was hoping you could help me with a quick question.

I think I have finally settled on the biofin xts, but for packability reasons I would like to know their width. I know their length is around 25in, and they weigh about 5lb, but cant seem to find width anywhere. I would likely wear an XL (my shoe size is 11.5) though I will only be wearing 'socks' or 3mm boots- feel free to let me know if you think a large would be more appropriate.

Thanks,

...well, I've got 3 pairs of Bio Fins, and trust me, if you want to worry about anything, worry about their weight, (due to airline weight restrictions) not their width...also they are 'negatively' bouyant...so if you drop/let go of one in the water....wave it 'good bye' ! 'Width' is debatable, they are 'split' fins and made of flexible 100% rubber, which means you can squeeze/cram the floppy/broad 'blade' end into whatever space you need it to fit into......even 'uncompressed' the blade end of the fin isn't any wider than another average fin...and they are shorter than many of the fins out there...so really, weight is your main 'travel' issue.

Thanks so much for your help. I think I have the weight thing covered, as I always carry a snorkel bag with my mask, fins, and snorkel on the plane (that stuff is, of course, more important than any of my other luggage =)). My only concern is that the fins wont fit comfortably in my somewhat thin snorkel bag. Im a bit anal about my gear, and cant imagine myself cramming and contorting $220 fins to fit in the bag, so I am still a bit curious about the width "uncompressed".

....well, if you must know, they're just a touch over 9 inches wide at the widest point...and 'cramming' doesn't mean wadding them up like old tissue paper...they have a lot of 'give' so if you had to put them in something only 7 or 8 inches wide, that would be easy...stuffing them into something only 2 inches wide would be an entirely different story.

Back
Top Bottom