Bikini Atoll open in 2010?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rhone Man

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Someone told me that Bikini Atoll was reopening to divers in 2010. But given that we are nearly in May, and nothing shows up on the official website, I have to believe that this is wrong.

Has anyone else heard anything?

Someone told me that Bikini Atoll was reopening to divers in 2010. But given that we are nearly in May, and nothing shows up on the official website, I have to believe that this is wrong.

Has anyone else heard anything?

I haven't heard anything, but given the continued poor state of the world economy it seems unlikely to me that they would be able to afford to fix the plane/get a new one, and it probably wouldn't pay to do so at the moment.

Guy

Just digging through my old threads (looking for something else), and this one popped out.

Bikini has now, of course, reopened.

Yes. I am not going to be able to make it in 2011 - I just hope that they stay open this time - at least long enough for me to plan a trip for 2012.

Sent an inquiry email regarding individual booking for 24 Sept - 06 Oct to Bikini Atoll Divers. Also thinking of going again next year with Pete Mesley's Charter. . .

Last edited:
If you do make it, be sure to post a report. The description on the website suggests it might be slightly tough sledding.

But I'd do it to dive those wrecks...

I swapped some e-mail with them about availability, but they got very vague when I started to talk about possible slots in 2012.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom