Biggest Hassle Of Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sucker4scuba:
You know, there is always something in a specific sport that is just the pitts... like diving.... washing your gear afterwards... anymore that you can add to the list???

Just getting to the dive site. Several hours from San Francisco for good diving. These days much prefer a nice 3-5 day boat trip. Having lived in La Jolla 3 houses in from a very nice beach, with a small reef, I got spoiled early. Come home from work and make a nice dive before dinner. No longer the case. Minor problem, I know, compared to those land locked divers who dive almost anywhere just to get wet between offshore trips.

daniel f aleman:
3. Having to deal with obnoxious, red-faced, snow-white-bodied, North Americanos who think that they know it all despite having only 250 dives total, mostly in Puget Sound.

Dove Cancun back in the early 70's, attitude's must have changed since then.

Penopolypants:
I suffer. Not in silence, either, but rather loudly. :D

I've never worn a diaper, but I did seriously consider it once after a particularly long surface swim. My buddy kept saying to me "y'know, you can wash the undergarment later." But I made it, just barely. :)

I have known several women to use them and are very hapy to do so.

Donning and doffing 7mm full with 7mm tunic... Makes you exhausted before you even get into the water...

My kingdom for a drysuit...

Alex

sucker4scuba:
This must be a weird question but why is it always at the end of your dive that you need to pee??... is there some medical explination for this??? I have seen now more than once that someone brought this one up...

For me, its within minutes of hitting the water, at least when its cold

rockjock3:
Gear cleaning isn't really an issue for me. I also mountain climb, which is very gear intensive as well. I actually enjoy taking the time to inspect the gear as I go through it and clean it. I also enjoy the night before a dive sitting on the couch and going through my gear to ensure everything is in working order and packed right for the next day's dives.

I second this, part of the fun is in the gear you get to play with :)

6. Thin-skinned divers.

By the way, Cancun has never been better; Cozumel now gets most of the "headaches"...

daniel f aleman:
6. Thin-skinned divers.

By the way, Cancun has never been better; Cozumel now gets most of the "headaches"...
7: Thick headed Divers

daniel f aleman:
JeffG,

You dive in the West Edmonton Mall, don't you?
I have...Twice in fact.

Back
Top Bottom