Biggest Hassle Of Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fire_diver:
Sheesh! Thank goodness my wife is into scrapbooking. :10: She cant complain about the expense of MY gear when she has a couple thousand in scrapbooking supplies in our office. :D

I feel your pain. I'm a diver and a scrapbooker. No wonder I have to work two jobs!!! LOL

3. Having to deal with obnoxious, red-faced, snow-white-bodied, North Americanos who think that they know it all despite having only 250 dives total, mostly in Puget Sound.

Whew! Remind me not to consider a dive vacation in Cancun . . . :)

sucker4scuba:
You know, there is always something in a specific sport that is just the pitts... like diving.... washing your gear afterwards... anymore that you can add to the list???
The only thing about diving that makes me complain is those days when my schedule doesn't allow me to go diving.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

fire_diver:
THE COST!!

Sheesh! Thank goodness my wife is into scrapbooking. :10: She cant complain about the expense of MY gear when she has a couple thousand in scrapbooking supplies in our office. :D

I know what you mean. My wife is into scrapbooking in a big way. I try to explain to her that her hobby cost is similiar to mine (cost is just spread out over hundreds of smaller purchases versus fewer purchases of hundreds of dollars) and she can't see that.

My new approach might be to tell her that since I felt she was limited by the pictures she could take of above water subjects I felt it was my duty to expand her capabilities by taking up diving so that I could supply her with new photos for scrapbooking. And then I could tell her that since the cost of hiring a professional photographer to do that would be extremely high (on a continuing basis) then I am actually saving us money. Yea, that's it.:D

Gear cleaning isn't really an issue for me. I also mountain climb, which is very gear intensive as well. I actually enjoy taking the time to inspect the gear as I go through it and clean it. I also enjoy the night before a dive sitting on the couch and going through my gear to ensure everything is in working order and packed right for the next day's dives.

What I probably hate the most is a long walk on a shore dive.

TSandM:
Whew! Remind me not to consider a dive vacation in Cancun . . . :)
Same here ... wouldn't be much fun paying to go on a dive vacation only to get stuck diving with someone who considers you a "hassel" ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

In South Africa we loaded the trailer with our set up tanks/bcd ready to take to the water & the Dive Masters' two kids were climbing all over the trailer; uncomfortable situation with me telling the kids to get the **** of my expensive gear. Protection of your **** can be a problem. Also, it's a worry leaving your personals back at the dive center. My last dive it was locked in the ladies toilet (dow!). I need a dive bad!

daniel f aleman:
3. Having to deal with obnoxious, red-faced, snow-white-bodied, North Americanos who think that they know it all despite having only 250 dives total, mostly in Puget Sound.
or having to deal with dive masters who seem to think they are Master Divers

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom