Big Weather change just now.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dave Dillehay

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
With a completely unexpected dip and crazy rapid intensification, this hurricane is impacting Cozumel right now. It is now a CAT 5 and will pass just north of MERIDA and brushing the north of the Cancun. The port will be closed tomorrow and the morning trips today just barely got back in time.

Everyone is struggling to prepare on such short notice and it looks like we at the Villa Aldora will not be able to bag our sand...so sad! I will update as soon as I get more info.

Dave Dillehay

im here now. The pool is drained and all the furniture is locked down. The ocean is pretty calm.

That freak storm we hit this morning only lasted an hour. I walked into town and back completely dry.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 33
Thinking of ya'll.. it was supposed to stay off shore more and not get this intense till tomorrow. Proof that hurricanes don't listen to meteorologists.
Hopefully it passes quickly and dies in intensity.

With a completely unexpected dip and crazy rapid intensification, this hurricane is impacting Cozumel right now. It is now a CAT 5 and will pass just north of MERIDA and brushing the north of the Cancun. The port will be closed tomorrow and the morning trips today just barely got back in time.

Everyone is struggling to prepare on such short notice and it looks like we at the Villa Aldora will not be able to bag our sand...so sad! I will update as soon as I get more info.

Dave Dillehay

Would it be possible to lay down plastic and set cinder blocks every couple of feet?

Would it be possible to lay down plastic and set cinder blocks every couple of feet?
I remember we tried that once with a strong Norte...did not help at all. But we were able to later find the blocks but the plastic went on to Cuba, we suppose.

DAVE DILLEHAY

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom