Big trip starts next week- Couple of questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kevster

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi,

I am about to embark on my 3rd trip to the Philippines. I have gone through a lot of posts on this forum & have even bought the lonely planet guide book so I am all set.
I have a couple of questions & would be grateful for any replies.

• I arrive in Manila 16th Jan at 5.30 am. I intend to travel to PG on the morning I arrive,rather than spend a day in Manila. Do I need to head into the city to get a bus/shuttle down to Bant or are there options to travel direct from the airport. I am looking for cheapish transport, not a resort private car.
  • Anilao. I will be travelling alone so I will head to Planet dive or Dive & trek to ensure I can shore dive if there is no one to share costs. Any thoughts on which dive Op I should choose.
Thanks in advance for replies.

If anyone is looking for a dive buddy or if anyone wants to tag along my plan is below (give or take a few days)
PG 17-21 Jan
Anilao 22-26 Jan
Coron 29- 2nd Feb
Bohol 4-9th Feb
Malap 10-15th Feb
Donsol 17-21 Feb
Borocay 23-27 rd Feb

Grab a taxi to the Passay JAM bus station. They have busses that leave pretty much every hour to Batangas pier. I think it costs about 350 PP (or did when I was there). Fisrt bus leaves very early (like 6am) and avoids the manila traffic... If your flight gets in at 5:30, I'd be surprised if you'll be able to avoid that...:popcorn:

codman's right... get a bus to Batangas Pier... select the bus that says "CALABARZON" it's faster than the other Batangas Pier

personally i'm not a fan of JAM Transit and RCG or Batangas Star Express seems to have newer buses but they're all the same really...

I suggest you pay for 2 seats - yours and the one beside it - that way you have more space and don't have to crowd up beside some strange dude... the fare is so cheap you won't even notice the cost

have fun!!!

Jag

There is another way that you can go to Ermita mabini st.(took the yellow Taxi with meters cost you around 250P) look for city stay tower, they sell set ticket which is 700p+pier tax and something esle cost you around 780P one way including the bus and the boat, my friend took it one says the bus is comfortable. They set schedule everyday 8am for first bus, so you may arrive in PG around 12:30.

And about the resort here, you can find from 1000P to 3000P up, for comfortable and cheap, you may try Angelyn resort which the price is cool and it's beach front.

BTW, we are a new dive shop open here in Sabang, let me know if we can serve you.

Have a nice trip!!

that's quite an itinerary. am wondering though if you saved boracay for last because you want to party there or you also intend to dive? the reason i ask is because after diving at all those great sites, boracay diving is going to pale in comparison. but if you just want to relax and party a little, boracay is a great last stop.

Hi Kevster,

Sounds like you're in for a great time. Give me a shout when you're heading to Malapascua and we can meet for drinks, or I can help you set some diving up. I will be conducting and Advanced Wreck class over the dates you're here, but it would be good to meet up.

Enjoy,

Matt.

@kevster
pretty much all said.
cheepest way by public bus but beware of pocket thiefs
economical way taxi to city state, have breakfast there and take sikat bus to batangas. i buy the banka passage by myself as boats sometimes go to puerto galera rather than sabang beach.
this all together sets you back about 1000php

or when leaving the arrival hall just go to the official taxi stand and inquire. in july 09 i met people who have done it for approx. 2500php.

or you go to departure level and haggel with a taxi there. i have done it myself for 1500 but the poor gay ditn't know his way. privat banka after 1700hours has cost me 2000php.

if you have some mony to spend take the taxi to batangas peer it's the fastest.

might see you somewhere overthere ;-)

I suggest Planet Dive over Dive & Trek. House reef of Planet Dive is so much better and boat ride to other dive sites is much closer than from Dive & Trek.

Anilao. I will be travelling alone so I will head to Planet dive or Dive & trek to ensure I can shore dive if there is no one to share costs. Any thoughts on which dive Op I should choose.
I am not sure if your choice is strictly between Planet Dive and Dive & Trek or are you open to other suggestions.
I stayed at Portulano last year during my trip to Anilao. I really enjoyed the place. Very relaxed and accommodating. It is a bit secluded though, so you might get bored when you're not diving. They have a nice house reef as well. You can read my trip report here

Back
Top Bottom