Big mahalo to George Bush!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You can still dive the new MPA according to what I've read.

There are a lot of others who deserve credit as well, going back a decade or two. Glad that "W" jumped on board and acted decisively in this case.

this is a great thing...so happy to see so many people aware and elated about this.

I have been on vacation and haven't seen the news for days, but I am hoping the coverage has been big. We need some good news in the world. Really positive to see a bipartisan, mutinational effort. Hoping the momentum keeps going in the right direction for marine environments. Governor Lingle has been making big efforts on this for a couple years now.

The advisory council had some literature that stressed what an important spawing ground these islands were for the entire chain. Dr. Bill, if you know anything about this...was hoping you could elaborate. They were saying that when the NWHI are overfished, it effects our fish counts greatly down here at this end also, etc.

This makes me happy too......but I'm not going to let Bush out of the doghouse for just that!
He has more to make up for!! but this is not the place for that!!!
Lets work on stopping Turtle Bay expansion! They plan to build where the latest monk seal is raising her new pup! Not Cool! We all want improved economy, but at the expense of what! Is it worth it? I think not!
"Keep Our Oceans Blue"

hi there friend. How is the North Shore community organizing the protest? I thought the project was "in trouble"? I heard the hui was making some threats...the same ones that stopped the mall at shark's cove. Any petitions out there? Can Lingle do anything? BTW...wish you would post your monk seal snippet...people would love to see some of what you have on this board!

I think it's great and am even more eager to visit Hawaii, now. Although it will not be to babysit (sorry, Catherine). This year will have to wait.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom