Big mahalo to George Bush!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jcsgt:
Yes, the oil companies do make a profit. So does anybody in a successful business.

Yes but what other companies get a huge tax break for doing it?

Jcsgt:
I will just say one thing: If some folks had their way, we'd simply overlook the way people are tortured in countries such as Iraq, sit in a corner and sing Kumbaya and ignore it. Let's stick our heads in the sand and believe that all is well.

That's the Rove framing of the subject. In reality, most people against the war are for going after bin Laden and Al-Qaeda not singing Kubaya. But getting into the mess in Iraq kept us from pulling that one off. Now, because we are bogged down in Iraq, bin Laden is free and the Taliban is making a comeback. This isn't really an arguement between patriots and pacifists as Rove would like to frame it. It's a difference of opinion on the right way to stop terrorists.

Jcsgt:
You want to talk about the mistakes our presidents make? They have all made them. Bin Laden would have been in custoy prior to Bush taking over, had not one certain president taken appropriate action. We all have short memories.

Agreed. And that wasn't the worst mistake Clinton made. But that's a Rove tactic too. The topic wasn't about Clinton and bin Laden, or Reagan and Iran-Contra, or Kennedy and Vietnam. The topic was GW having insight and being forward thinking. The other topic was where fuel dollars are going.

Nice debate, let's stay civil. :wink:

Tortuga Roja:
I was writing while the 2 previous posts were posted

Ok, I guess it's not cool to discuss politics here. I'm done.
I'm done, too. Sorry if I got off topic. I'm having a crappy day and my fuse is a bit short.

Okay, let me start over. Man, I can't wait to go to Hawaii and dive!

Jcsgt:
Man, I can't wait to go to Hawaii and dive!

My wife and I got certified on our honeymoon in Hawaii. Neither one of us can wait to go back there and do some more diving. What a beautiful place!

I'm glad that such a huge area will be protected. Maybe we'll get the chance to do some diving there on our next visit.

neophyte:
My wife and I got certified on our honeymoon in Hawaii. Neither one of us can wait to go back there and do some more diving. What a beautiful place!

I'm glad that such a huge area will be protected. Maybe we'll get the chance to do some diving there on our next visit.
I've never been there, but I hear a lot of good about the diving. My dive buddy and I keep planning to go, but since she's a travel agent, she gets these other awesome deals to other places. I need to make Hawaii more of a priority.

Jcsgt:
Yes, the oil companies do make a profit. So does anybody in a successful business. However, if you look at where the majority of our fuel dollars go, you will likely see that your local government gets a huge chunk, like nearly half. I don't like paying a fortune to fuel my Honda, either, but let's look at the whole picture.

I will not even get into a debate about the war with you. I will just say one thing: If some folks had their way, we'd simply overlook the way people are tortured in countries such as Iraq, sit in a corner and sing Kumbaya and ignore it. Let's stick our heads in the sand and believe that all is well. It's not. You want to talk about the mistakes our presidents make? They have all made them. Bin Laden would have been in custoy prior to Bush taking over, had not one certain president taken appropriate action. We all have short memories.

suggest you read:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1574885537
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1574888498
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0743260457

Jcsgt:
What I need is a good laugh.

Why don't cannibals eat clowns?

They taste funny.
:lol:
Sorry, it was all I could come up with on short notice.

LOL, thanks!

To make things clear: the area that was just given monument status is not where people generally dive. It is far from civilization and that's what makes it so special and has kept it as pristine as it is to date. It is however the breeding grounds for many of the things we like to dive with, as well as an important ecosystem of the planet.

Back
Top Bottom